PC peeps, lil help here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC peeps, lil help here

My wireless mouse won't work on my laptop. New battries, hell the mouse is brand new. I haven't downloaded anything, just the usual amount of pr0n. My kid does something w/ her ipod w/ that port. Yes I've rebooted and no I'm not getting a Mac. I know who my parents were.

Thanks in advance dear friends.

If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Ah, Mr Freedrickson w/ a funny.

Ya done wiseass? Tell me how to fix this thing or I'll explain to everyone where Bobbo got his hardware fetish.

Comment

Install software?

Did you press the right button on the dongle?
        Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
        "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
          Install software?

Did you press the right button on the dongle?
          No software to install. The thing has been working fine for a week or so. I think it's got something to do w/ the ipod.

Comment

I plug in the thing in the side, I get the message that the lappy 'sees' the mouse, the red light is on underneath the mouse but the pointer never moves. Settings maybe?

Comment

If it doesn't move, does it click? What happens when you right click the desktop? You shouldn't even have to move the mouse for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post
                I plug in the thing in the side, I get the message that the lappy 'sees' the mouse, the red light is on underneath the mouse but the pointer never moves. Settings maybe?
                So, maybe something's wrong with the connection between the mouse and the dongle. Try removing batteries, and re-establishing the connection?

I think that's as much help as I can be tonight before making a Trud joke.
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Have you gone to the control panel and fucked with the mouse app there? Have you masturbated lately? That won't help the mouse deal, but it'll take your mind off it.
                  The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

So, maybe something's wrong with the connection between the mouse and the dongle. Try removing batteries, and re-establishing the connection?

I've got a dongle...IN MY PANTS!!!
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Is dongle a technical term? Can it be used in mixed company? Or just w/ raging homos?

Comment

Is dongle a technical term? Can it be used in mixed company? Or just w/ raging homos?
                        Did you try my experiment? What happens when you right-click the mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                          Have you gone to the control panel and fucked with the mouse app there? Have you masturbated lately? That won't help the mouse deal, but it'll take your mind off it.
                          I fucked the mouse app, there's $20 I'll never get back, THEN flogged the dolphin and guess what, the damn thing works. My weasel AND the mouse!!!

Happy day in Celtyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                            Did you try my experiment? What happens when you right-click the mouse?
                            It just started working again. Weird.

Comment

It just started working again. Weird.
                              Chances are some driver was doing something that prevented or delayed USB initialization (hence the mouse won't move). I've seen this when an anti-virus is just starting a scan.

Comment

Working...
                              X