Pakistan: GIs on cross-border raids will be shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan: GIs on cross-border raids will be shot

And we sell them a lot of military hardware. Fuckers. Clean up your Northwest Garbage.

Pakistan: Shoot GIs on cross-border raids Military warning follows U.S. special forces operation targeting militants

The Associated Press

updated 8:36 a.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 16, 2008

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistan's military has ordered its forces to open fire if U.S. troops launch another air or ground raid across the Afghan border, an army spokesman said Tuesday.

The orders, which come in response to a highly unusual Sept. 3 ground attack by U.S. commandos, are certain to heighten tension between Washington and a key ally against terrorism.

Pakistan's civilian leaders have protested the raid but say the dispute should be resolved through diplomatic channels.

However, army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told The Associated Press that after U.S. helicopters ferried troops into a militant stronghold in the South Waziristan tribal region, the military told field commanders to prevent any similar raids.

"The orders are clear," Abbas said in an interview. "In case it happens again in this form, that there is a very significant detection, which is very definite, no ambiguity, across the border, on ground or in the air: open fire."

U.S. military commanders accuse Islamabad of doing too little to prevent the Taliban and other militant groups from recruiting, training and resupplying in Pakistan's wild tribal belt.

Pakistan acknowledges the presence of al-Qaida fugitives and its difficulties in preventing militants from seeping through the mountainous border into Afghanistan.

However, it insists it is doing what it can and paying a heavy price, pointing to its deployment of more than 100,000 troops in its increasingly restive northwest and a wave of suicide bombings across the country.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26735196/

Well, how can that be? Barack said it would be ok.

Actually, I have no problem with our military incursions into Pakistan. We've given them billions in aide. They are just going to have to put up with it.
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

"The orders are clear," Abbas said in an interview. "In case it happens again in this form, that there is a very significant detection, which is very definite, no ambiguity, across the border, on ground or in the air: open fire."
      Bullshit Bluster for Pakistani domestic political consumption. First they'd have to see them, second they'd have to be able to hit them (slim to nill) and third, if they did shoot, then they'd get their asses blow'd up real good.
      Sketch in STL
      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

I bet that we have better aim...
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the carpet bombing of Pakistan by a B-52 & the stealth fleet outta Whiteman, AFB...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
            I see nothing wrong with the carpet bombing of Pakistan by a B-52 & the stealth fleet outta Whiteman, AFB...
            +++
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
              You kidding right? You do know they do have nuclear missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo View Post
                You kidding right? You do know they do have nuclear missiles.
                So do we.

Plus they deserve death, afterall they killed a hottie leader.

Comment

Holy cow.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                    Holy cow.

Just kidding.

However, I did have a hankering for Benezir Bhutto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                      So do we.

Plus they deserve death, afterall they killed a hottie leader.
                      well yes we do and we could easily obliterate their country 1000x over.

but let's not go too far. I am in favor of these excursions as it's obvious the Pakistanis don't care about the NWF. Hell they are willing to let it fester in order to utilize the crazies in their stupid proxy war with India over Kashmir.

Their priorities are screwed up - underestimating the danger of letting the NWF's anarchy go unchecked.

I'm in favor of building stronger ties with India and tell the Pakistanis to go fuck themselves. No more military aid, no more support etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X