Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God the economy is doing so well

All you whiners are idiots.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Well Congress gets it!

WASHINGTON—The House plans to debate legislation this month to inject another $50 billion of stimulus into the faltering U.S. economy, mostly with the goal of creating new jobs, a senior House Democratic aide said Monday.

Amid fears of wider economic damage from turmoil on Wall Street, the roughly $50 billion would aim to spark needed road, bridge and other construction projects that help create jobs, with details still being worked out, the aide said.

The money also would be used to help low-income families pay winter heating bills and to extend unemployment benefits.

Early this year, a $168 billion economic stimulus measure was enacted.

Democrats also hope to include in this second economic stimulus measure more aid to states that are facing higher Medicaid health care costs.

"Jobs, jobs, jobs. That's what it's about," according to the aide, who said the bulk of the stimulus money would be for creating new jobs.

Sen. Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat, also told reporters that an economic stimulus plan he wants the Senate to pass is "in the ballpark" of $50 billion.

The Bush administration and Congress worked together to pass the first economic stimulus law. So far, the White House is resisting a second one.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

"Jobs, jobs, jobs. That's what it's about," according to the aide, who said the bulk of the stimulus money would be for creating new jobs.
      Hoot!

This is right out of the Wizard of Oz.

Let's all click our heels three times...

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
        I yield to your judgment. Who would know better?

Comment

25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
          Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
            Economy is great here. With the exception of the hurricane and all but I'm sure we can turn that into some profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
              Economy is great here. With the exception of the hurricane and all but I'm sure we can turn that into some profit.
              Anywhere that has much to do with oil is doing great.
              “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Let's talk about health insurance. I just learned that I have the pay the first $500 every year before my insurance pays a cent. I blame the Republicans.
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
                  Let's talk about health insurance. I just learned that I have the pay the first $500 every year before my insurance pays a cent. I blame the Republicans.
                  It's your own damn fault for getting sick. Moran.
                  OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                  OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                  OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                  OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Wouldn't that discourage preventative care visits, which then end up costing insurance more in the long run?
                    Billikens.com

Comment

Originally posted by SluSignGuy View Post
                      Wouldn't that discourage preventative care visits, which then end up costing insurance more in the long run?
                      That's basically what happened. I've been at the company since last August, and had the insurance since last November. Decided to do the preventative thing last month (which was the first time I used my "insurance"), and got a bill today. Retarded, if you ask me.
                      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

God madyaks is so clever

Comment

Health insurance is getting a lot more expensive in the last couple years. I have a family member who has an upper mgmt position in the field and it's not likely to change. My coverage has me paying the first $2k... it used not to be like that. I can't imagine it getting much more expensive but I know it will.
                          25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                          Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

i'd gladly pay if someone would cover me :(

Comment

The GOP: We Invented the Deductible to Fuck People

Comment

Working...
                              X