Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "oh hell it's Sunday, who do I start?" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "oh hell it's Sunday, who do I start?" thread.

My league starts two QB, they get full 6 points for a TD pass, plus the usual stuff on yardage.

I can start two:

Favre
    Peyton Manning
    Phil Rivers
    Trent Edwards

The obvious choices are Favre and Manning, but just checking to see if anyone has insight to lead me to either of the others.
    I like cheese.

I'm assuming you're considering Lee Evans for a WR spot?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      I'm assuming you're considering Lee Evans for a WR spot?
      Bleah. Yeah I was, but in that case I think I'm gonna stick with Braylon and Roddy White for another week.

Change Lee Evans to "Trent Edwards". I really think the Bills have a tough matchup in Jax today, so until they prove last week was for real, I'm cautious. (I also--don't ask why--have Marshawn Lynch, who I have to start.)
      I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
        Bleah. Yeah I was, but in that case I think I'm gonna stick with Braylon and Roddy White for another week.

Change Lee Evans to "Trent Edwards". I really think the Bills have a tough matchup in Jax today, so until they prove last week was for real, I'm cautious. (I also--don't ask why--have Marshawn Lynch, who I have to start.)
        I'm sure I'm going to be wrong on this, but I don't think Manning is 100% healthy yet...that said, he'll put up some numbers against the Vikes...

I'd go Manning and...Rivers

Comment

Manning and rivers.

Pick two.....

Addai at Min, Jackson vs Giants, Forte at carolina.
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'd avoid anything "Rams" in fantasy for a few weeks.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Ok for this week............I got Brees and Cutler, playing each other in Denver. I think I like Cutler but I think Brees will be playing from behind..so?

Addai JAckson and Forte? If Jackson cant do shit in Seattle I am done with him forever. I hate to bench addai but he hasnt done anything.

LAst call.......hines ward or fitzgerald or royal? I just got royal and figured if I use cutler royal could be huge. That could win my week or kill me......do or die.....do I risk Denver going big with cutler/royal or stick with my other two guns at WR?

Comment

Favre & Rivers

Manning should start being his old self hopefully in week 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                  Favre & Rivers

Manning should start being his old self hopefully in week 4-5.
                  Is that when his line is supposed to be healthy?

Addai has killed me the first 2 weeks. Thank Barry I drafted McFadden and Forte
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

i could use some help at RB

i have JAC's Maurice Jones-Drew @ Ind who is probable, ATL's Jerious Norwood vs KC, and DEN's Michael Pittman vs NOs, who do i start?

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
                      i could use some help at RB

i have JAC's Maurice Jones-Drew @ Ind who is probable, ATL's Jerious Norwood vs KC, and DEN's Michael Pittman vs NOs, who do i start?
                      Probably Jones-Drew, even though he splits carries; Pittman a close second...

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        Probably Jones-Drew, even though he splits carries; Pittman a close second...
                        he's who i have starting right now, but his ass just better play. its amazing how many of my players (esp WRs) who have been injured and missed a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
                          Ok for this week............I got Brees and Cutler, playing each other in Denver. I think I like Cutler but I think Brees will be playing from behind..so?

Addai JAckson and Forte? If Jackson cant do shit in Seattle I am done with him forever. I hate to bench addai but he hasnt done anything.

LAst call.......hines ward or fitzgerald or royal? I just got royal and figured if I use cutler royal could be huge. That could win my week or kill me......do or die.....do I risk Denver going big with cutler/royal or stick with my other two guns at WR?
                          Anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
                            Anybody?
                            It boils down to how many you can start @ RB, WR?

RB -- If it's one, Forte; if it's two, Forte and Addai...Jackson doesn't have an o-line...

WR -- If it's one, I'd lean Ward, but barely (depends on Roethlisberger's shoulder); if it's two, definitely Ward and Royal...Fitzgerald just seems to get double-teamed most of the time...

To me QB is definitely Cutler...really can't go wrong with either, but the Saints haven't defended passing too well, have they?

Comment

Is Adrian Peterson going to get enough touches this weekend with his bum hammy?

And for a swing position (R/W) would you choose Ryan Grant or Santana Moss? (this is assuming Peterson goes, otherwise I got to move Grant up to RB)

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Working...
                              X