Now Obama May Not Increase Taxes for the Wealthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Obama May Not Increase Taxes for the Wealthy

I actually heard him say during his "This Week" interview on ABC. I actually find this to be a positive development. Not sure how his base will react.

Democrat Barack Obama says he would delay rescinding President Bush's tax cuts on wealthy Americans if he becomes the next president and the economy is in a recession, suggesting such an increase would further hurt the economy.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080907/D93228880.html
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
    I actually heard him say during his "This Week" interview on ABC. I actually find this to be a positive development. Not sure how his base will react.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080907/D93228880.html
    Bwahahah!

Perhaps he's finally figured out that tax increases are a political loser?

Comment

Wow, color me jaded.
      "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
        Bwahahah!

Perhaps he's finally figured out that tax increases are a political loser?
        I think he's starting to feel the heat for promising to raise taxes. You know, at one point, his plans promised to raise the FICA tax on those making more than $90+ thousand. I'm not sure if that is still in his economic plan or not.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

I think he's starting to feel the heat for promising to raise taxes. You know, at one point, his plans promised to raise the FICA tax on those making more than $90+ thousand. I'm not sure if that is still in his economic plan or not.
          Well, we've had a similar pointless discussion about whether or not he's going to withdraw from Iraq "immediately" or not, too.

Comment

So, you guys favor higher taxes?

Comment

We are getting higher taxes no matter what. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac alone guarantee that.
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                We are getting higher taxes no matter what. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac alone guarantee that.
                The Iraq war bill all but guarantees that. Fannie and Freddie just make it that much more closer to a certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                  So, you guys favor higher taxes?
                  From my first post:

I actually find this to be a positive development. Not sure how his base will react.

Comment

speaking of changing stances, anyone happen to see the daily show from thursday night?

Comment

flip-flop alert!

Comment

Not sure how his base will react
                        We're all going to vote for Nader, of course.
                        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

What choice does he have?

His plan will lower the tax burden for 80% of households.

McPalin lies, lies, lies and then lies about it some more.

People are obviously buying it.
                          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

I don't believe him or McCain. Both will be forced to raise taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                              I don't believe him or McCain. Both will be forced to raise taxes.
                              ++

No choice in the matter.
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                              OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                              X