Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: BMW Championship (tourney info updated for Friday's parking situation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: BMW Championship (tourney info updated for Friday's parking situation)

Anyone going? I went to the Pro-Am today and it was awesome. Got to see all the big names aside from Tiger. Vijay, Sergio, Scott, Lehman, Mickelson, Immelman, Furyk and more. Course is in beautiful shape. Seeing these guys hit a ball in person is something you MUST experience if you have not yet. It sounds like rain is going to put a damper on things. I have a feeling Lefty takes this one.
    Official Lounge sponsor of Nick Plummer
    R.I.P. Rdog, davhaf

I will be there Sunday.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Going to be miserable conditions today if they should head out...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

My foursome all got tickets from our wives for Christmas. We went Monday which was cool because we saw Ozzie and Andy Benes in one foursome. Benes: BIG hitter, Ozzie: Not so BIG hitter.

Yesterday we saw among many others: Joe Buck, Bill Detwitt, who was -3 for the day, Mark Mulder and Jim Holtgrieve. We got autographs from Ernie Els, Camilo Villegas, Tommy Armour lll, Vijay Singh, J.B. Holmes, Brandt Snedeker and Anthony Kim. Phil and Rory both said they would sign after the round but we didn't stick around for that. Phil was really cool to talk to and seemed almost shy. All these fuckers hit the fuck out of the ball. They truly are GREAT. I also noticed how most every one of them were sinking or extremely close to sinking one putt per green. I'm ecstatic if I don't 3 putt.

We're suppose to go this morning but I don't think I will. Too fucking wet but I'll be there the rest of the weekend.
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

No chance will you catch me at an event like this. I can see why a friend of mine heads out of town when the PGA comes to her town.
          Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott
          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

My dad and cousin will be in attendance Saturday...
            Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Supposed to go today and going Saturday.

My old man got an invite from the sponsor to walk inside the ropes with a group on Saturday, so going to follow him around.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
              -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Oh, and it's clear that Allah and God don't want golf in St. Louis.

First, we get 9/11.

Now, rain.

Practically the same thing.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                  Oh, and it's clear that Allah and God don't want golf in St. Louis.

First, we get 9/11.

Now, rain.

Practically the same thing.
                  I was trying to think but could not recall about an event that got called off here. Was that a PGA or senior event?
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott
                  Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                  5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                    I was trying to think but could not recall about an event that got called off here. Was that a PGA or senior event?
                    PGA.

Someone may be able to post the picture of Tiger Woods with his hand over his mouth shorthly after the attcks. It was in the Post.
                    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post

PGA event. The World Golf Championship.

All the players were grounded in St. Louis.

Tiger actually rented a car and drove down to Florida.

If you google it, you get a lot of "Going back to Bellerive brings back bad memories for players...." articles.

-Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                        PGA event. The World Golf Championship.

All the players were grounded in St. Louis.

Tiger actually rented a car and drove down to Florida.

If you google it, you get a lot of "Going back to Bellerive brings back bad memories for players...." articles.
                        Garcia walked back to his hotel, didn't he?

Comment

Event delayed by at least two hours today, per Jim Woodcock of the BMW Championship on 1380

Comment

Frank Cusamano just mentioned that Mike Weir is staying at John Davidson's house this week. wonder if the fact he's a Canadien has anything to do with it? Shoot, I coulda had Phil stay at my house if I'da known they were looking for places to stay.

He also is speculating that the tournament may be canceled today. I really don't want to go today but my foursome is leaning toward going soon. Yech.
                            RIP Stan the Man
                            I miss TLR!

Comment

Frank's on with NBC's Jimmy Roberts and he "suspects" that they'll cancel today and play 36 tomorrow.
                              RIP Stan the Man
                              I miss TLR!

Comment

Working...
                              X