so I have a question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I have a question....

do you think the mlb would have a licensing charge if someone gets this on their headstone/marker? I saw this a few weeks ago and will want this on my grave marker someday, but I was wondering if the mlb charges extra for it..... like if they've even thought about it.

I know that the mlb urns that people get are double or more of the price of a similar urn without the logo.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Hey, you're the expert.

But one would think if a gravestone company is offering this option, they've already cleared it with MLB. And if they haven't and they sell it to you anyway, what is MLB going to do, tear it out of the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post

do you think the mlb would have a licensing charge if someone gets this on their headstone/marker? I saw this a few weeks ago and will want this on my grave marker someday, but I was wondering if the mlb charges extra for it..... like if they've even thought about it.

I know that the mlb urns that people get are double or more of the price of a similar urn without the logo.
      You should probably check...MLB licenses coffins...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

well I just saw this one so I don't know if anyone was charged extra. I was wondering if a stone cutter person would do this without clearing it. I'd like to think they would because everything that is in the funeral industry that I know of that is licensed is of poor quality (in comparison to other items in that price range) and roughly double the price of a similar item that would be clean of the mlb logos.

Comment

No way MLB allows anyone to use their logos without the proper licensing in place.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

well I just saw this one so I don't know if anyone was charged extra. I was wondering if a stone cutter person would do this without clearing it. I'd like to think they would because everything that is in the funeral industry that I know of that is licensed is of poor quality (in comparison to other items in that price range) and roughly double the price of a similar item that would be clean of the mlb logos.
            Your best bet might be to ask the family that got it...

Having said that, I'm guessing they just went ahead and did it anyway...

Comment

it's an awesome logo though. looks great in person. ah well, I probably don't have to worry about this for me for a couple years or so.

Comment

it's an awesome logo though. looks great in person. ah well, I probably don't have to worry about this for me for a couple years or so.
                Well do you know the guy that actually crafted the stone?

Comment

no I just saw it in the cemetery. I don't know any more than that.

Comment

What would MLB do if they saw it...sue the person?
                    Sponsor of:
                    Brian Elliott
                    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

How bout a nice Tigers urn?

It could say "CG in 3" on it.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                        I know, right? this could be the coolest way to get around mlb licensing. It's not like the cemeteries would give out any information to some schmuck who walks in their offices.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                          How bout a nice Tigers urn?

It could say "CG in 3" on it.

I think those are the ugliest urns I have ever seen. I think the caskets are even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post

My first thought was that MLB would ignore such a use, but on second thought they probably would try to lay the hammer down on the poor dead Cardinal fan's family.

This from the league that prohibits little league teams from using Major League teams logos I believe.

Comment

msrp is $4500.

Comment

Working...
                              X