2008-2009 St. Louis Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-2009 St. Louis Blues

A new season is about to start. Are you excited??? Lot of interesting story lines surrounding teh Blues this year:

1) Will Brad Boyes be able to perform at the same level that netted him a career-high 43 goals last year???
    2) Is Kariya done??? He has a lot to prove this season to make up for his disappointing performance last year...
    3) Will Manny build on his outstanding season last year and become the sure fire NHL-elite #1 goaltender that this team has lacked since the 80's with Mike Liut???
    4) Tkachuk closes out his current deal this season w/the Blues. Will he put up career numbers in hopes of catching on with another team to close out his career??? Will he be careless/stupid with his stick and get suspended by the NHL more than twice this year??? (one time is practically a given )
    5) The young D must continue to improve on both sides of the puck. Jackman and Brewer need to continue to be the leaders for this promising, but still very inexperienced, group of young blueliners.
    6) Andy Murray. It seems like at times his message and technique did not go over well with the team, and they struggled mightily after a strong start. He'll need to get consistency out of this team if they expect to make a run at the playoffs in a very difficult Western Conference this year.
    7)David Perron. This will be a make-or-break year for him. He's shown flashes of brilliance in his short time here so far, but he'll need to work very hard to avoid a sophomore slump. Expectations are high for him, so he'll be under a ton of pressure.
    8) Stempniak. Poor Lee. Pretty awful year last year...it seemed at times he just could not buy a goal...hopefully he rebounds and puts up numbers a la the 2006 season...
    9) Backes. Probably my favorite Blue right now. Glad we held onto him after that rather transparent ploy by the 'Nucks to wrangle him from us. He'll need to stick with what got him here: play physical, crash the boards, and make space for his linemates.

Well, that's enough for now - let's get some Blues talk going on here!!! HOCKEY!!!

Go Blues!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Well, at least the Blues should win their exhibition game in Kansas City. The Kings have two games that day. Their other game is in Phoenix.

Go Blues.

Comment

I'm just glad the season doesn't start until after I get back from Italy.

Last time I went it was late Feb/early March, and had to read in the International Tribue (or something) that Quinville had been fired - three days after the fact.
      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

I received as a housewarming/birthday present Backes game worn autographed gloves. It took me at least 4 hours to calm down.
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
          I received as a housewarming/birthday present Backes game worn autographed gloves. It took me at least 4 hours to calm down.
          Damn. Imagine if it was his cup.......
          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
            Damn. Imagine if it was his cup.......
            That is EXACTLY what my b/f said!
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I think the Blues have another year or so rebuilding but I like the direction they are going in. We renewed our season tickets.

Would like to see some of our offensive players have better years and I think several of them, including Kariya, are capable.
              Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Andy Murray hot seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                  Andy Murray hot seat?
                  Not hot but warm. The Blues will need to be better than they were last year.

And can we please get him a power play coach? I like him as a coach but his power play always sucks no matter which team he's with.
                  Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                    Andy Murray hot seat?
                    no question aboot it....if the Blues aren't playoff bound on jan 1, andy Murray will be working on his resumé.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Season tickets renewed, Oshie!, and I have converted someone to hockey.

This season needs to start.
                      "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                      "I didn't know you
                      had any feelings"

Comment

Oh, shit. I forgot about Oshie.
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                          Oh, shit. I forgot about Oshie.
                          Possibly Berglund as well.
                          "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                          "I didn't know you
                          had any feelings"

Comment

Teh hockies are back this month!

Celebrate!

++ to all the Andy Murray/power play comments, also.
                            Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                            "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
                              Season tickets renewed, Oshie!, and I have converted someone to hockey.

This season needs to start.
                              Can we ship a pair of these in the mail to her?
                              "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Working...
                              X