Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.C. Sabathia's disputed 1-hitter from sunday

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/med...98803&c_id=mil

if you haven't seen the play, the video is in this link titled "andy laroche legs out an infield single". the brewers are arguing that it should have been ruled an error, and are sending a dvd to major league baseball in hopes that this lone hit will be ruled an error and sabathia will be awarded a no-hitter.

what say you guys? i say leave it the way it is. 15-20 years ago, it would've been ruled an error. nowadays, if a fielder has to take more than 2 or 3 steps to make a play they should probably make, but can't quite come up with it...it's called a hit every time b/c it's deemed a difficult play or whatever.
    this play would never be called an error in present day baseball.
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Probably a hit most of the time, but you can bet it would have been an error if it had happened in the 8th inning or so.

Comment

It would seem a cheap way to get a no-hitter. Error on the left fielder I may be able to understand, but error on the pitcher himself? In order to qualify for a no-no? C.C. shant have eaten that 12th kosher dog before the game and maybe he would have gotten his fat ass to the ball
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Sabathia's actually a pretty good athlete, unlike his fellow lardass at first base. Probably should have been ruled an error, but I don't imagine it will be changed.

Comment

Since he gave up on it after he booted it when LaRoche was still halfway to the bag, 1B.

Comment

That's a hit.

Comment

A hit. And I feel even more strongly after seeing Ned Yost's act after the game. What a d-bag.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

I am glad the scorer didnt use the way too often used mantra - "Its an error until the other team gets a hit - make them earn their first hit" because thats worthless.

The scoring should be based on each play not the entirity of the game.

No idea if its the right call, but glad it was made. If he uses his glove and boots it maybe its called differently.

Who knows, with the pressure of a no-no who is to say that he doesnt give up a hit later. Easy to say it when the pressure was off for a few innings.
                Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I would have had no problems calling that an error, but the way Yost and the Brewers are going about it, I hope they don't overturn it.

Comment

I'd call it a hit.
                    Sponsor of:
                    Brian Elliott
                    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Brewers are focused on the wrong thing if they are worrying about this stuff. Move on and worry about the important stuff - beating the Cubs.
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                        Brewers are focused on the wrong thing if they are worrying about this stuff. Move on and worry about the important stuff - beating the Cubs.
                        Exactly. I never thought I'd see the day when I actually disliked a team more than the Cubs.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Ned Yost's interview after the game made him look really stupid.

Comment

the brewers are dumb.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
                              Ned Yost's being a giant douche made him look really stupid.
                              FTFY

-RBB

Comment

Working...
                              X