Sakic re-signs with Avalanche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakic re-signs with Avalanche

Good to see Joe come back for another year. I also liked that he wasn't in the media debating his retirement decision every day. People like Mats Sundin and Brett Favre should take note.

For Joe Sakic, it isn't time yet to say goodbye.
    The Avalanche captain said today he will return for a 20th NHL season, all with the Avs' franchise. After several weeks of pondering whether to retire, Sakic feels he still has some good hockey in him.
    He signed a one-year contract with the team and will make $6 million this coming season. The deal includes a no-trade clause.
    "Ultimately it came down to the fact that I still enjoy playing and competing," Sakic said in a release. "I'm comfortable with my conditioning and my overall health. I'm ready for the start of camp and am looking forward to the upcoming season."
    http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8857166

fucker never loses a faceoff on NHL 07
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

One of the best players ever. And a great ambassador for the game as well. As much as I would like to hate him, I just can't.
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
      OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

I hated Sakic with a passion in 2001. He killed the Blues in the playoffs. I guess he's one of those players you hate to play against, but would like on your team.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
          fucker never loses a faceoff on NHL 07
          Heh. My kid's favorite hockey game is still NHL Hitz 2003. He hasn't yet figured out that I cannot be beaten in that game if I play the Avalanche. And that's because Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy are all grossly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
            Heh. My kid's favorite hockey game is still NHL Hitz 2003. He hasn't yet figured out that I cannot be beaten in that game if I play the Avalanche. And that's because Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy are all grossly overrated.
            That NHL Hitz series is a ton of fun.
            25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
            Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by i.am.js View Post
              Good to see Joe come back for another year. I also liked that he wasn't in the media debating his retirement decision every day. People like Mats Sundin and Brett Favre should take note.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8857166
              To be fair, the only thing Sundin has done wrong is play for the Leaves.
              Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by marco View Post
                That NHL Hitz series is a ton of fun.
                They got it exactly right with that one. None of the video games are particularly good simulations of hockey, but the Hitz series was a helluva lot more fun. In what other hockey game can you literally set your entire team on fire? In what other hockey game does the loser of a fight get benched for the remainder of the game? And in what other hockey game can you check a player through the glass and completely out of the rink twice in the same play?

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                  my brother has one of the NHL games for his playstation and one day he was an ass and took the Pens, so i took the Avs. it was amazing, i got roy looking more like he worked for circus de soliel than the NHL even though he only had 2 saves in the first. we never finished that game, he was upset i was whipping up on him and i didn't want to see the pens suffer anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD View Post
                    To be fair, the only thing Sundin has done wrong is play for the Leaves.
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Working...
                    X