Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB GDT: Week 22

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MLB GDT: Week 22

    Your leaders.

    AL East: Tampa Bay
    AL Central: White Sox and Twins tied
    AL West: Anaheim

    NL East: Mets
    NL Central: Cubs
    NL West: Douchebags

    AL Wild Card: Boston
    NL Wild Card: Milwaukee
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

    "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

  • #2
    Originally posted by kah View Post
    Your leaders.

    AL East: Tampa Bay
    AL Central: White Sox and Twins tied
    AL West: Anaheim

    NL East: Mets
    NL Central: Cubs
    NL West: Douchebags

    AL Wild Card: Boston
    NL Wild Card: Milwaukee
    What's with the hate for Zona?

    They will beat the Cubs.
    Make America Great For Once.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Phillies just completed a four game sweep of the Dodgers, winning 5-0.

      Sweet payback for them sweeping us. The Mets are next, then the Cubs.
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cubs beat their AAA team in Pittsburgh 12-3 tonight.

        (Wanna bet I'll regret saying that tomorrow?)

        Comment


        • #5
          Mike Pelfrey is the first pitcher in the majors since '95 to have back-to-back complete game wins...

          "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 007 View Post
            Mike Pelfrey is the first pitcher in the majors since '95 to have back-to-back complete game wins...
            C.C. didn't do that since the trade? Wow.
            Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

            "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

            Comment


            • #7
              Elimination number for the Mariners: 2
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

              "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kah View Post
                Elimination number for the Mariners: 2
                And both them and the Angels are playing right now - the dream could die tonight. For the division, anyway - they can hold out a few more days for the WC. And Washington might just sneak past them for first eliminated overall.

                Comment


                • #9
                  John Kruk last night on the Brewers/Cardinals being the most the important tilt this week (paraphrasing): "If the Cardinals sweep this three game set against Milwaukee, they'll just be 1/2 game out of the wildcard. It will make September very exciting."

                  "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 007 View Post
                    John Kruk last night on the Brewers/Cardinals being the most the important tilt this week (paraphrasing): "If the Cardinals sweep this three game set against Milwaukee, they'll just be 1/2 game out of the wildcard. It will make September very exciting."
                    If the Cards can win THREE games in a TWO games series, MLB needs to give the Cards the trophy ASAP.
                    Make America Great For Once.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                      If the Cards can win THREE games in a TWO games series, MLB needs to give the Cards the trophy ASAP.
                      Well, what other reason would I post that quote?

                      "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        Well, what other reason would I post that quote?
                        I know.
                        Make America Great For Once.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 007 View Post
                          Mike Pelfrey is the first pitcher in the majors since '95 to have back-to-back complete game wins...
                          Call me when he gets back-to-back complete game losses.

                          -R. Halladay
                          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
                          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
                          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
                          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
                          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 007 View Post
                            Mike Pelfrey is the first pitcher in the majors since '95 to have back-to-back complete game wins...
                            I think that was just for the Mets.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by backstop View Post
                              I think that was just for the Mets.
                              That's not what ESPN has said over and over and over again since the 11 PM ET SportsCenter

                              "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X