Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karraker let go at 1380

From Randy himself...

I was indeed let go in a budget cutting move today.

John Helmkamp and Matt Strelo were extremely classy in the way they handled it. And, if I were in their shoes, I would have likely done the same thing (although not to myself) because it was logical from a budgetary standpoint.

I had a great two and a half years there, and I've had more fun on the radio with Bernie in the last two years than I've ever had. Our friendship has blossomed, and he is a true friend. I told someone today, I'm not as upset by losing the money as I am not being able to talk sports with Bernie every day.

I left on excellent terms, and I think once the economy turns around 1380 will do very, very well.

Thanks for the compliments, and have a good weekend.

RK
    Beat ya Molina...but you should apply

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Randy seems like a good dude.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Let Jay Randolph Jr and Rich Gould go.

And Charlie Tuna
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I hope he goes anywhere but 590.
        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. - Elwood

Comment

bummer. I really liked his and Bernie's show. I'll still like Bernie's show, but I'll miss RK on there.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

How much did Randy make? Does anyone know?
            "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Blast radius budget fallout from Steven Jackson's huge contract.
              Official sponsor of indifference towards basketball...hockey has grown on me.
              Official sponsor of Buster Posey...'nuff said.
              Official sponsor of James Laurinaitis
              "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live - too rare to die."

Comment

RK was a yes man on the show. It was starting to get aggravating.

On Martin's show today he mentioned that Karriker was walking around the office and needed to hurry up and get over to the Mexican place where Bernie is doing the live feed today. Whoops.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
                  RK was a yes man on the show. It was starting to get aggravating.

On Martin's show today he mentioned that Karriker was walking around the office and needed to hurry up and get over to the Mexican place where Bernie is doing the live feed today. Whoops.
                  I heard that when I was driving to lunch...ouch!
                  . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                  -mike
                  mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

I really liked those 2 ... sucks.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Bernie needs a point man. By himself, not so much with the good.
                      Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Randy's a really good dude. It's a rough time in media right now, especially radio. I enjoy working in the business, but I'm glad it's not my primary form of employment anymore for just this reason. You can be really good at what you do and still get let go. It definitely sucks, but I think he'll land on his feet somewhere.
                        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. Randy's a really good dude. It's a rough time in media right now, especially radio. I enjoy working in the business, but I'm glad it's not my primary form of employment anymore for just this reason. You can be really good at what you do and still get let go. It definitely sucks, but I think he'll land on his feet somewhere.
                          I can't feel too bad for RK. He helped out Benie's show a ton, but he acknowledged that when he was at KMOX, they were partners with the teams, as opposed to offering legitimate opinion. He will forever lack credibility with me as to his opinions, when he acknowledges his opinions have been bought.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by raise View Post
                            I can't feel too bad for RK. He helped out Benie's show a ton, but he acknowledged that when he was at KMOX, they were partners with the teams, as opposed to offering legitimate opinion. He will forever lack credibility with me as to his opinions, when he acknowledges his opinions have been bought.
                            That's nothing new at all. If the Cardinals come in and buy your place of business, you're not going to say anything bad about them publically. It's not an easy thing to do. I've been told a number of times I have to back off some of my opinions on my show because of my position at the track. You want to be honest, but at the same time, you want to keep getting paid.
                            The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                              That's nothing new at all. If the Cardinals come in and buy your place of business, you're not going to say anything bad about them publically. It's not an easy thing to do. I've been told a number of times I have to back off some of my opinions on my show because of my position at the track. You want to be honest, but at the same time, you want to keep getting paid.
                              Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the trickbox he was in. At the same time, if you want me to listen to your opinion, I have to believe it is your opinion, and not the one coming down from the ones about which you are offering the opinion.

And yes, I understand what this sounds like coming from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X