Any smart license branch people here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any smart license branch people here?

We bought the Charger in August, 2006 and put 2-year plates on it. We've put about 14,000 miles on it in that time.

It's due for new plates next month, and our minivan needs plates this month, so I thought I'd take care of them both at the same time.

The van is all taken care of and ready to go.

Does anyone know if I need to have safety/emissions inspections done on the Charger? I can't tell from reading the website if the exemption is for just one year or for one plate cycle. I'd like to just make one trip to the license branch, if possible.

Thanks! I'll hang up and listen.
    "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

I think it is one plate cycle.
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Thanks!

I think I'll swing by the license branch and give it a shot. Worst case scenario, I walk out with the plates for the van and have a month to take care of the tests for the Charger.

How is the moving going?
      "It would have been difficult for us to discuss it with his dick in my mouth, so evidently I don't know him that well."

Comment

In most counties, you have to get an inspection every time you renew your plates. I do it online and have never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie View Post
          Thanks!

I think I'll swing by the license branch and give it a shot. Worst case scenario, I walk out with the plates for the van and have a month to take care of the tests for the Charger.

How is the moving going?
          Packing has started - but there is some updating to do w/the house I bought. I was able to get a lot accomplished yesterday - this weekend I'll hit it harder and hopefully start to paint.

Today one of the kids went over there w/out being asked and started cleaning out the shed...
          Feb. 08, 2005
          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
          Originally posted by Airshark
          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
            I'll hit it harder
            This needed to be quoted.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
              Packing has started - but there is some updating to do w/the house I bought. I was able to get a lot accomplished yesterday - this weekend I'll hit it harder and hopefully start to paint.

Today one of the kids went over there w/out being asked and started cleaning out the shed...
              keep that kid
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I don't think I've ever had a vehicle safety/emission checked.

Do they even do that shit in IL?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie View Post
                  We bought the Charger in August, 2006 and put 2-year plates on it. We've put about 14,000 miles on it in that time.

It's due for new plates next month, and our minivan needs plates this month, so I thought I'd take care of them both at the same time.

The van is all taken care of and ready to go.

Does anyone know if I need to have safety/emissions inspections done on the Charger? I can't tell from reading the website if the exemption is for just one year or for one plate cycle. I'd like to just make one trip to the license branch, if possible.

Thanks! I'll hang up and listen.
                  The exemption is for one year. I think all cars produced in an even year have to get emissions done on even years. Pretty easy to get emissions done these days anyway, where ever you get it inspected (Which you have to do every time you renew) should be able to do emissions, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Prngr44 View Post
                    I don't think I've ever had a vehicle safety/emission checked.

Do they even do that shit in IL?
                    No they do it in St. Louis and maybe KC. It's total BS.

Comment

no smart people here.

try that there BOTB site. they know everything.

Comment

I had no idea they still made Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by payitandbringit View Post
                          no smart people here.

Well, that was insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                            keep that kid

++

Mine would for sure want some $$$ for that....and anything else.

Comment

NSane, good to hear the packing is going well. What an exciting time for you (notice how it's exciting when it's someone ELSE moving!!) and how sweet of your kid to work on the shed--must be excited to move too!

Reggie, it's this kind of Charger.

Everyone else, turns out I need to get it safety inspected but because of the low mileage, I can get an emissions waiver. The waiver sounds like a serious pain in the ass though. I have to have the person who does my safety inspection verify the mileage, then send that form to the Division of Natural Resources, then they have to send the waiver back to me so I can take it to the license branch.

In the end, I may just end up having the emissions inspection done if I'm waiting on the waiver and it's getting close to the end of next month.

Originally posted by payitandbringit View Post
                              no smart people here.

Is this supposed to be you bringing it?

Comment

Working...
                              X