That god for Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That god for Islam

I know when MY son can't remember Bible verses, I tie his hands behind his back, stuff his mouth with rocks, and beat him until the skin falls from his back. But, hey! it's a religion of peace and whatnot...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Dude. It's Senegal.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
      Dude. It's Senegal.

Moon
      Dude. It's not unique.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
        Dude. It's not unique.
        Is it the religion or the lack of education do you think?
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Ah, ignorance.
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

One of my best mates is Muslim.

I should call someone.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
              Never once said that other (read: Christian) branches weren't just as fucked up. In fact, I've railed on them as well. But I find it interesting that when someone criticizes Christianity, they're enlightened beings who don't need the mythology of God to get them through their day. But criticize any offshoot of Islam, you're a hate-monger.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
                Is it the religion or the lack of education do you think?
                I think it's a little of both, but a lot of the latter. These offshoots of Islam, as well as the folks kah, in his usual soft-cell approach, pointed out, are usually rooted in people with no education and less money and tend to be taken advantage of by people with money.

I've met a large number of Muslims, both foreign-born Islamics and Nation of Islam devotees, to show that a large number of its followers are, in fact, good people who basically want to follow Allah and be left the hell alone. BUT stories like this and the stories of the human rights travesties and abuses that use the umbrella of Islam are pretty overwhelming and rarely do you hear Muslim leaders condemning these behaviors. I guess the problem I have isn't with the religion of Islam so much as with the lack of accountability from its leaders concerning these rouge groups.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                  Never once said that other (read: Christian) branches weren't just as fucked up. In fact, I've railed on them as well. But I find it interesting that when someone criticizes Christianity, they're enlightened beings who don't need the mythology of God to get them through their day. But criticize any offshoot of Islam, you're a hate-monger.
                  Either religion that does that shit is stupid... but see when Christians do it it's just some fucked up person, when some following Islam does it it's the religion. (very often)
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                    Either religion that does that shit is stupid... but see when Christians do it it's just some fucked up person, when some following Islam does it it's the religion. (very often)
                    Yaks,

In too many cases, Islam is the state sponsored religion. I think that's what makes it look worse in the court of public opinion.
                    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                      Yaks,

In too many cases, Islam is the state sponsored religion. I think that's what makes it look worse in the court of public opinion.
                      And when "the state" does that shit in the name of religion they are fucked up (see Saudi Arabia, our bestest buddy by the way), but that still doesn't mean the underlying religion is bad, much as Christianity isn't the reason we went to Iraq (even though some people might think so thanks to stupid comments by Dubya)

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                        And when "the state" does that shit in the name of religion they are fucked up (see Saudi Arabia, our bestest buddy by the way), but that still doesn't mean the underlying religion is bad, much as Christianity isn't the reason we went to Iraq (even though some people might think so thanks to stupid comments by Dubya)
                        Dubya duped quite a few Christians in the last election.

For that matter, the GOP seems to play their "Christian card" during the campaign, but play bait and switch once it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                          Dubya duped quite a few Christians in the last election.
                          McCain trying to do the same this time around, will they fall for it?

Comment

This guy was kicked off the air in Tampa last year for talking smack about Muslims.

ST. PETERSBURG -- Televangelist Bill Keller may have finally met an opponent he can't out-talk.

The controversial late-night Christian talk show host, known for his biting criticism of religious, political and pop culture figures, is going off the air. Keller, 49, says he ran afoul of the Tampa Chapter of the Council of American Islamic Relations. The group calls Live Prayer with Bill Keller a hate-filled broadcast that damages Muslims and Islam.

Earlier this month, CAIR asked CBS executives to remove Keller's nightly talk show from WTOG-TV Ch. 44, a CBS-owned station that airs the CW network locally. The group was upset about a spate of recent broadcasts by Keller that disparaged Islam and the prophet Mohammad.

CAIR's leaders say both local and network representatives assured them that the program would no longer air on the station after Sept. 11. WTOG station manager Laura Caruso said the decision to end Keller's contract was a mutual decision and had nothing to do with complaints from individuals or groups.

Keller disagrees.

He confirmed today that his show will no longer air after Aug. 31. But he cites CAIR's complaints as the primary reason for his departure, saying he had no desire to leave the station that has broadcast his program weekdays from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. for nearly five years.

"I'm saying nothing now that I haven't been saying for five years," Keller said about the content of his broadcasts. "Ultimately, it was pressure by CAIR that intimidated these people into taking me off the air. It was not mutually agreeable. They told me they were taking me off the air, period."

Sherri Day, Times staff writer

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingne...-to-leave.html

I believe he does an ONLINE show now only. You'll love this one.

http://www.liveprayer.com/b4.cfm

And this one too.....

http://www.liveprayer.com/b1.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by JMolina View Post
                              This guy was kicked off the air in Tampa last year for talking smack about Muslims.

ST. PETERSBURG -- Televangelist Bill Keller may have finally met an opponent he can't out-talk.

The controversial late-night Christian talk show host, known for his biting criticism of religious, political and pop culture figures, is going off the air. Keller, 49, says he ran afoul of the Tampa Chapter of the Council of American Islamic Relations. The group calls Live Prayer with Bill Keller a hate-filled broadcast that damages Muslims and Islam.

Earlier this month, CAIR asked CBS executives to remove Keller's nightly talk show from WTOG-TV Ch. 44, a CBS-owned station that airs the CW network locally. The group was upset about a spate of recent broadcasts by Keller that disparaged Islam and the prophet Mohammad.

CAIR's leaders say both local and network representatives assured them that the program would no longer air on the station after Sept. 11. WTOG station manager Laura Caruso said the decision to end Keller's contract was a mutual decision and had nothing to do with complaints from individuals or groups.

Keller disagrees.

He confirmed today that his show will no longer air after Aug. 31. But he cites CAIR's complaints as the primary reason for his departure, saying he had no desire to leave the station that has broadcast his program weekdays from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. for nearly five years.

"I'm saying nothing now that I haven't been saying for five years," Keller said about the content of his broadcasts. "Ultimately, it was pressure by CAIR that intimidated these people into taking me off the air. It was not mutually agreeable. They told me they were taking me off the air, period."

Sherri Day, Times staff writer

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingne...-to-leave.html

I believe he does an ONLINE show now only. You'll love this one.

http://www.liveprayer.com/b4.cfm

And this one too.....

http://www.liveprayer.com/b1.cfm

Good for the powers that be in Tampa.

I have more repect for those who tout the positives of their own belief system, rather than air negative rants against those with whom they differ.

Hell, I feel the same about political ads.

Comment

Working...
                              X