Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State workers in Utah to move to four-day work week

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/08/13...eek/index.html

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

I've mentioned it here before but my company and many other companies here in town have 9/80 work schedules. A 9/80 work schedule is where you work 9 hour days but get off every other Friday.

It is a huge hit and almost something you have to have because of the tight job market.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
      I've mentioned it here before but my company and many other companies here in town have 9/80 work schedules. A 9/80 work schedule is where you work 9 hour days but get off every other Friday.

It is a huge hit and almost something you have to have because of the tight job market.
      My place of employ used to do that, too. It was very popular so they discontinued it.

-RBB

Comment

I'm all for the 10/80 schedule.
        Work 10 hr days off every Friday.

Wait, I already do that, only I work every Friday.

Comment

More and more state and municipals are moving to it. I know of at least three cities , two counties and the state employees of Michigan are moving to a 4/10 schedule.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

as a side note we work 8.5 on Mon-Thur and get to go home at 3 on Friday. No real work is done on friday so it is like a free day anyway.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

I want all your jobs.

Comment

they are talking about allowing us to work one day per week at home here. Can't wait for that.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Eventually, I would imagine the 10/80 will become the norm
                  "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Sounds a little Froggy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by fzjjfk View Post
                      More and more state and municipals are moving to it. I know of at least three cities , two counties and the state employees of Michigan are moving to a 4/10 schedule.
                      yeah, they've been talking about the same here, although sometimes i wonder if they work any days, but that's another story

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post

I might be missing something here, but 9 hours times 5 in the first week = 45, then 9 times 4 in the second week = 36. So you accumulate 81 hours over two weeks to get one day off.

Isn't the company getting an extra hour per week out of you?

Or is one of those 9 days an 8-hour day to reduce the total to 80?

Comment

Originally posted by King View Post
                          I might be missing something here, but 9 hours times 5 in the first week = 45, then 9 times 4 in the second week = 36. So you accumulate 81 hours over two weeks to get one day off.

Isn't the company getting an extra hour per week out of you?

Or is one of those 9 days an 8-hour day to reduce the total to 80?
                          Shhhh....!!

[Blaylock's Bosses]

Comment

What is this 'work week' of which you all speak?

Moon

Comment

I would LOVE to work four, 10 hour days and have Friday off.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor
                              Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X