War in Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War in Russia

So Georgia invades and captures the capital of South Ossetia on August 8th, coinciding perfectly with the start of the Olympics, and now the U.S. wants to take action against Russia. Never mind the fact that Georgia is the country that started the fighting here.

Yet another example of how our government/media spin the war machine according to their tastes all over the world.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...HWOrgD92G4B0G0
    McCain calls for diplomatic action against Russia By CHARLES BABINGTON – 8 hours ago
    ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate John McCain is calling for an emergency meeting of G-7 nations to deal with Russia's attacks on Georgia
    McCain said Monday that Moscow appears intent on toppling the Georgian government.
    McCain also said NATO's North Atlantic Council should convene an emergency session to demand a ceasefire. He said the Council should begin discussions on both the deployment of an international peacekeeping force to South Ossetia and the implications for NATO's future relationship with Russia.
    Russia is fighting on the side of pro-Moscow South Ossetia, a breakaway province of Georgia. Georgia was formerly part of the Soviet Union.
    McCain said the US and its allies should condemn Russian aggression.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

My question would be why do we(The USA) give a flying fuck?
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
      As everything in that part of the world does, it all goes back to Israel.
      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

IN!

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
          Because supposedly Georgia is an ally.

Because a ton of oil goes thru a pipeline going straight thru Georgia and if its "accidently" damaged oil will jump back up big time...something that would be quite pleasing to the Russians who are huge exporters.

Does that mean we actually do anything militarily? No...other then some strong words nothing will happen along those lines.

Now what might happen as a result is Ukraine is invited to join NATO. That would really piss off the Russians.
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Fucking W.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
              Fucking W.
              Practicing your Yaks imitation?
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
                Because supposedly Georgia is an ally.

Because a ton of oil goes thru a pipeline going straight thru Georgia and if its "accidently" damaged oil will jump back up big time...something that would be quite pleasing to the Russians who are huge exporters.

Does that mean we actually do anything militarily? No...other then some strong words nothing will happen along those lines.

We already have done something militarily. We've supplied numerous arms and equipment to help Georgia in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post

We already have done something militarily. We've supplied numerous arms and equipment to help Georgia in this fight.
                  And training for that matter.

But that's not what I meant. You think we are going to start bombing Russian tanks? I seriously doubt that.
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

And training for that matter.

But that's not what I meant. You think we are going to start bombing Russian tanks? I seriously doubt that.
                    Oh no, our soldiers won't fight in this one. However, I just wanted to make the point that we are aiding the Georgians here and thus helping to propagate more war on our planet.

Comment

Oh no, our soldiers won't fight in this one. However, I just wanted to make the point that we are aiding the Georgians here and thus helping to propagate more war on our planet.
                      Always our fault with you.

The Russians are blameless I suppose.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Practicing your Yaks imitation?
                        Yaks would have misspelled W.

Comment

What do we do when others propagate war that we don't particularly want propagated?

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                            What do we do when others propagate war that we don't particularly want propagated?
                            Not much given that we propogated a major fuck up of a war in Iraq.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Always our fault with you.

The Russians are blameless I suppose.
                              Have you noticed that we have boxed Russia in in the past 10 years with NATO expansion, the missile defense issue, etc.

I am not surprised Russia took this opportunity to lash out and to remind us they are still a big bear in that area.

Of course their response is excessive but not surprising. Also the fact Russia knows we will not do anything after being stretched thin in Iraq and Afghanistan does help them.

I will never understand what was the president of Georgia thinking - trying to do something like this is just plain stupid.

Lastly - the main goal of Russia is to control Georgia in one way or other so that they could get that last 'independent' pipeline that runs to Europe. They want to control all the natural gas that goes to Eastern Europe and Germany.

Germany better wake the fuck up and realize the situation they are in or it'll be too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X