software issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software issue

I have Cool Edit Pro, an audio editing program on my laptop. It's always worked well until now. It installs fine and works when it comes on, but the problem is, when I click on the icons now, it doesn't open. The icons don't work and when I go directly to the application file in the Program Files folder, it doesn't open it up either. I re-installed it this morning and again, after the re-install, it came up fine and worked, but when I shut it down and tried to open it by clicking on the icon, it didn't work.

I'll hang up and listen.
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Beats the shit outta me.

Moon

Comment

Can that even run on Vista?
      Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
        Can that even run on Vista?
        This is a legit question since it was rebranded as Adobe Audition back in 2003.

What kind of sound editing are you doing? Might an opensource solution like Audacity do the trick?

-RBB

Comment

I use Audacity as a backup. I use Cool Edit for editing radio spots for the track as well as interviews and whatnot. Audacity is a good program, but I need to be able to do more precise editing with some of the audio. It's just weird, though, because I've been using this same program for a couple years and this is the first time this has happened. Like I said, there are a couple backdoor ways to open the program and it still works, but I can't understand why it won't open via the icon anymore. Weird.

Comment

Does it give you any type of error message when you open via the icon?

-RBB

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain View Post
              Does it give you any type of error message when you open via the icon?

-RBB
              Nope. The title slate comes up and it acts like it's about to come up and then nothing...

Comment

I have no idea what is wrong, but if you want to try something else I... Ummmm "someone" might be willing to send you an Adobe DVD (Adobe Master Collection CS3) that has all of the Adobe stuff on it, and that includes "Soundbooth". Seems pretty in depth to me.
                It's corporate so needs no serial or activation.
                It's a really nice collection of software.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                  I have no idea what is wrong, but if you want to try something else I... Ummmm "someone" might be willing to send you an Adobe DVD (Adobe Master Collection CS3) that has all of the Adobe stuff on it, and that includes "Soundbooth". Seems pretty in depth to me.
                  It's corporate so needs no serial or activation.
                  It's a really nice collection of software.
                  As someone with a vested interest in Adobe, I thank you for your patronage.

Comment

So it's settled, Shark is sending skip a new disc.

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
                      So it's settled, Shark is sending skip a new disc.
                      You know the piece of software in question is $2499.00 MSRP, right? In some places, it might be called "Grand Theft".

I know it's pointless to mention software piracy, but I feel compelled anyway.

The right way to do this, Dred (and Yaks) is to find a friend who works at Adobe and ask them to get you an employee discount. I happen to know that the discounted price of Soundbooth is pretty friggin' cheap. And you get legal technical support, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                        You know the piece of software in question is $2499.00 MSRP, right? In some places, it might be called "Grand Theft".

I know it's pointless to mention software piracy, but I feel compelled anyway.

The right way to do this, Dred (and Yaks) is to find a friend who works at Adobe and ask them to get you an employee discount. I happen to know that the discounted price of Soundbooth is pretty friggin' cheap. And you get legal technical support, too.

Well that is obviously exactly what I meant.

And you must have a great life, all tech all the time, I know I bet it's just a job, but it has to be more fun/interesting that taking doors off of vans.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Im gonna go download this program in honor of airshark.

Comment

I'm not Alanis Morrisette, but would it be irony to point out the illegality of software piracy and in the next breath suggest that you have someone else buy you the software using a discount that is intended for employees of the company?

Moon

Comment

To clarify, I expected shark to shoplift a copy from staples and send it to skip.

Comment

Working...
                              X