X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre traded to NY Jets

per ESPN
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Thank Christ, it's over.
    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by STL JA View Post
      Thank Christ, it's over.
      it's only just begun my friend. Favre in NYC. ESPN is jizzing all over themselves.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
        it's only just begun my friend. Favre in NYC. ESPN is jizzing all over themselves.
        ++

They're fucking taking time away from my Baseball Tonite
        Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
        There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
        "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10

Comment

GO JETS!!!!!
          --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
          --Suck it cubbies.
          --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Brett Favre Center rolls on, in a moment...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

so what did they have to give up for him?
              Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

The NFL network was cummin' all day over him.
                Photobucket

Comment

Favre will never do in NY (or anywhere else) what he might have done in Green Bay...

It's like going to the prom with a chick as friends after breaking up with your girlfriend just so you have a date...you'll still have fun, but your heart really isn't totally into it...

He's played 17 years with GB...he's gonna feel like a fish out of water pulling on a Jets uni...

When did Mike Keenan become the Jets' GM?
                  " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I guess that means that Greenberg will be playing that Michael Bolton song all year.

Favre to NY is like the perfect storm for this neverending story.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                      so what did they have to give up for him?

From the ESPN.com story:
                      The compensation, believed to be a single draft pick that rises in value depending upon how the Jets perform during the 2008 season, was confirmed by ESPN's Michael Smith on Wednesday night.
                      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
                        Favre will never do in NY (or anywhere else) what he might have done in Green Bay...

It's like going to the prom with a chick as friends after breaking up with your girlfriend just so you have a date...you'll still have fun, but your heart really isn't totally into it...

He's played 17 years with GB...he's gonna feel like a fish out of water pulling on a Jets uni...

When did Mike Keenan become the Jets' GM?
                        Joe Montana played 13 seasons for the 49ers, then was traded to Kansas City, and promptly took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz View Post
                          Joe Montana played 13 seasons for the 49ers, then was traded to Kansas City, and promptly took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship Game.

Yeah...because he's Joe fucking Montana...

I think the Favre thing is different, though...he owned GB...no such luck in NYC...and wait until that first ill-advised INT...

All that aside, I just think there is going to be a letdown due to him leaving the place he's been king...I think alot of what he did was fed by the Green Bay vibe...and this is a HUGE change for him, especially at this point of his career...

Comment

joe didn't have to worry about the media, esp all the hoopla that goes on these days.

plus most days he was too busy going upstairs to masturbate anyway

Comment

He's going to do fine.

Only issue is that he would seem to be playing for a wild card at best with New England in the same division.

Still should be more than the Packers are playing for with a rookie QB, though.
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X