Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(W) Cards 63 - 52 vs Dodgers 56-56 Pinero vs Lowe - Izzy vs Himself GDT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (W) Cards 63 - 52 vs Dodgers 56-56 Pinero vs Lowe - Izzy vs Himself GDT

    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/preview;...?gid=280806124

    The Cards are 16 - 9 vs the West. In the early part of the year this was a game they were very good at winning. The middle game of a 3 game series. Lately, against good teams they have struggled with this game. The thing is - we need to win a series. After this game we will have 50 left. We need about 92 wins to think about a playoff birth. Yes - I am still thinking we got a shot. I like our chances a whole lot better than the Yankees.

    The question is who closes the next semi close game. I don't think it will be Izzy - in fact I look for a DL move from him in the next couple of days.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

    2017 BOTB bracket

  • #2
    Did I mention that this is the most important game of the season.

    We have to win this.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

    Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

    2017 BOTB bracket

    Comment


    • #3
      Anyone got seats behind home plate tonight? Please take a "Jeff" sign if so...
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
        Anyone got seats behind home plate tonight? Please take a "Jeff" sign if so...
        I got seats behind home plate....in the 400 level. I will put a big banner over the "Bud" part so it will say "Jeff Light". How does that sound?
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott
        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

        Comment


        • #5
          what is Jeff?
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
            what is Jeff?
            That is hard to answer. We do know this:

            It wears umbrella hats -



            It gives free hugs -



            It sucks in its gut -



            And Izzy makes it sad -



            Hope this helps!
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

            Comment


            • #7
              Joel Pineiro has one win since April 29.
              Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

              "This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                what is Jeff?
                I think Turd covered it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jester View Post
                  That is hard to answer. We do know this:

                  It wears umbrella hats -



                  It gives free hugs -



                  It sucks in its gut -



                  And Izzy makes it sad -



                  Hope this helps!
                  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Winston said it to me the other day and I didn't get it.

                  it's Jeffro.
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm begging you people, no more posts about how everything's going to be OK if the bullpen gets turned around. The bullpen is broken and is going to stay that way. This is not getting better unless the cast of characters change.
                    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                    --Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                      I'm begging you people, no more posts about how everything's going to be OK if the bullpen gets turned around. The bullpen is broken and is going to stay that way. This is not getting better unless the cast of characters change.
                      that's right. No reason to let this pen get us mad....we already know what we're dealing with and it's not a postseason caliber pen.
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        For what it's worth, TMac texted Mo about a bullpen move being made today and Mo responded saying that there would likely be one but nothing was finalized yet.

                        Just bring Perez up, throw him in the closer's role, and see what happens. If he shits the bed again too, then you have Wainwright coming back in about 2 weeks.

                        I still contend that having a half decent closer will make the rest of this pen seem a whole lot better.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor
                        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

                        2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
                          For what it's worth, TMac texted Mo about a bullpen move being made today and Mo responded saying that there would likely be one but nothing was finalized yet.

                          Just bring Perez up, throw him in the closer's role, and see what happens. If he shits the bed again too, then you have Wainwright coming back in about 2 weeks.

                          I still contend that having a half decent closer will make the rest of this pen seem a whole lot better.
                          they sure made it sound like a call would be placed to Memphis for help on the TV broadcast last night.

                          BTW - it was nice not having to hear Hrabosky babble on
                          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                            I'm begging you people, no more posts about how everything's going to be OK if the bullpen gets turned around. The bullpen is broken and is going to stay that way. This is not getting better unless the cast of characters change.

                            Okay - okay

                            Jeesh. I'm all for Perez if that helps.
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

                            Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

                            2017 BOTB bracket

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Go Perez!
                              Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X