Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time for your best Mike Shannon-isms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for your best Mike Shannon-isms...

"He stands erect in the box, squeezing down on the knob".
    Make America Great For Once.

from back when Whitey was still the manager and had issues with an ump's call...

The Big White Rat is going out to gnaw on some cheese...the ump, that is, heh heh

Gosh that was so long ago, but I remember it so well. I was driving back to college on hwy 44.
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Um - Um - Um - Um - Um
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

"Time for another cold frosty Busch"
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

"Ichiro's the biggest thing to hit Japan since they dropped the bomb on Nagashima."
          Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

"He faster than a cat running through Chinatown".
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

We've got a beautiful full moon here tonight folks....hope the moon's full where you are as well. heh heh heh
              I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Comment

not funny, but I'll always remember this one...

"A shot into the corner! It might make it! There it is ... Sixty-two, folks! And we have a new home run champion - a new Sultan of Swat!''
                I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Comment

~~"This big standing-room only crowd is settling into their seats."

~~(Referring to Bernard Gilkey): "He's faster than a chicken being chased by Ronald McDonald!"

~~Joe: "Mike, the Cardinals would like to welcome a group of 19 French foreign exchange students in Section 382."
                  Mike: "Where're they from, Joe?"
                  Joe: "Uhh, France, I think."

~~A couple of years back, Mike and Joe were discussing the unflattering photographs of players that had been flashed on the screen at another ballpark. Mike's take on the quality of the photo selection was:
                  "Some of those guys look like the picture was taken while they were seeing their first UFO."
                  After several seconds of laughter, Joe added, "As opposed to their second or third."

~~"It's raining so hard I thought it was going to stop."

~~"Back in the day when I played, a pitcher had 3 pitches: a fastball, a curveball, a slider, a changeup and a good sinker pitch."

~~(After Brian Jordan was hit by a pitch for the 4th time on a single road trip):
                  "Jordan must feel like a Ouija Board."

~~"It's raining like a Chinese fire drill!"

~~"He was originally born in University City."

~~(Referring to Mike Schmidt): "the longtime, and soon-to-be, Hall-of-Famer."

~~"This game is off to a rather conspicuous start, don't you think. Jack?"

~~"Well, folks, this game began as a tiny worm, and is blossoming into a large cobra."

~~"That foul tip bounced up and caught him right in the groins...and that'll really clear your eyes out."

~~"A hit up the middle right now would be like a nice ham sandwich and a cold, frosty one."

~~(On the day before Easter): "I just want to tell everyone 'Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.'"

~~"Well, he did everything right to get ready for the throw, but if ya ain't got the hose, the water just won't come out."

~~"Our next homestand follows this road trip."

~~"I've heard it said that if you know English, Spanish, Italian, and I think it's French, you can go just about anywhere in this world...except China where they have all those derelicts."
                  After a pause, Joe Buch suggested that Mike has meant to say "dialects." Mike responded, "Yeah, dialects! That's what I mean...but they've got a lot of derelicts too!"

~~"I wouldn't have see it if I hadn't believed it."

~~"The wind switched 360 degrees."

~~"The crowd's on their feet for the Canadian Star Bangled Banner."

Mr. G

Comment

MMM - MMM - MM-MM-MMM!

Comment

Isn't Shannon the one that would say "Ol' Abner's at it again" I don't think it was Jack.....

I'm sure I've heard him say at least half the things on Mr. Goalie's list.

Comment

The Cubbies sure do suck.

"
                        Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Feb 28 2004, 01:20 AM
                          The Cubbies sure do suck.
                          Well......up until last year any announcer could've said that.

Comment

When speaking about Luiz Gonzalez triplets.

I think it was something like this

"You know it would have been better if he could have spaced them out a bit."
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

"nothing in the world is stupider than a national league umpire"

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                              X