• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpen Appreciation Thread

/thread.
    Official Lounge sponsor of Nick Plummer
    R.I.P. Rdog, davhaf

The bullpen and the offense are boring and unoriginal and I hate them both.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

This should be a very short thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
        This should be a very short thread.

The bullpen sucks....This thread should be locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Can Of Corn View Post
          /thread.
          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Is this bullpen the worst in major league history?

If so how much of the credit goes to the pitching coach, or lack thereof?
            From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Next thing you know, we'll be having an Eric Brewer Appreciation Thread.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Get off Springer - He tried -

His failure rate is below the others.

Actually - I didn't think he had anything when he came in. It happens.

I will rebuild and rebound -

Come on Dodgers - lets take a bite out of you.
                Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Props to Garcia for giving up a single to Howard. Everyone else gives up a homer.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                    Props to Garcia for giving up a single to Howard. Everyone else gives up a homer.
                    No shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post
                      Is this bullpen the worst in major league history?

If so how much of the credit goes to the pitching coach, or lack thereof?
                      They've been playing Major Leage Baseball for over 100 years.

I would venture to take a wild guess that this isn't even close to being the worst bullpen in major league history. We've been spoiled throughout the years by putting competitve teams on the field for the most part and have had only 1 last place finish in like 90 years or whatever. The majority of other franchises have not been so lucky. And some of these franchises have been losing for a LOOOOOOONG time for the most part.

A different pitching coach isn't going to keep these guys for hanging meatballs over the plate.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor
                      Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

The 8th inning for the last two nights turned on simple plays.

The night before Cesar couldn't get a bunt down and Joey Bombs couldn't avoid a DP.

The Bullpen did their job.

Last night we got one run in the eight but Hero Ludwick hit into a DP also. That and the bullpen - Springer couldn't get the last out until it was too late.

Just keep that Victoriano guy in the yard and we win.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                          The 8th inning for the last two nights turned on simple plays.

The night before Cesar couldn't get a bunt down and Joey Bombs couldn't avoid a DP.

The Bullpen did their job.

Last night we got one run in the eight but Hero Ludwick hit into a DP also. That and the bullpen - Springer couldn't get the last out until it was too late.

Just keep that Victoriano guy in the yard and we win.
                          Well, gee, Schwa, just keep the Pirates from scoring 4,000 runs in the eighth and ninth inning and we win that 12-11 game, too.

When the bullpen gives up a three-run homer in the eighth, by definition they're not doing their job.
                          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                            Well, gee, Schwa, just keep the Pirates from scoring 4,000 runs in the eighth and ninth inning and we win that 12-11 game, too.

When the bullpen gives up a three-run homer in the eighth, by definition they're not doing their job.
                            Right, but we have to judge this pen by different standards. They gave up ONLY four runs in the eighth. That's something we can build upon for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
                              They've been playing Major Leage Baseball for over 100 years.

I would venture to take a wild guess that this isn't even close to being the worst bullpen in major league history. We've been spoiled throughout the years by putting competitve teams on the field for the most part and have had only 1 last place finish in like 90 years or whatever. The majority of other franchises have not been so lucky. And some of these franchises have been losing for a LOOOOOOONG time for the most part. .
                              I'd still like to know what's the most losses ever by a bullpen and most blown saves.

Sure a lot of teams have sucked, but it takes a certain type of team to actually be in a position to win only to have 5-6 guys routinely gag up games.

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
                              A different pitching coach isn't going to keep these guys for hanging meatballs over the plate.
                              He gets the credit for reclaiming starting pitchers. He gets the responsibility when every single reliever sucks.
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Working...
                              X