Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovechkin does 165, stopped "near White House"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...?urn=nhl,95225

Actually happened during the season. After reading more and more interviews with this guy, it's hard not to like him.

After ridiculing Capitals teammate Jeff Schultz's ride ("He drives a strange vehicle that looks like a minivan, but it is two seated and has an open trunk."), Ovechkin told a rather amazing story about speeding in Washington, DC:
    Who in your team is known as crazy driver? About whom are the legends made?The legends are made about Semin and me! I normally try to drive carefully. Only once, because I was late to the team's training, I accelerated to 165 miles per hour. You can convert yourself how much it is in kilometers. And the flying ended, the police stopped me near White House.
    Did you get a fine?I've exceeded the speed limit in more than three times, for that in the United States a fine is not enough. They take your license and put you in jail. But I was lucky. The police recognized me and let me go. I gave them 10 tickets that I had with me to the Washington Capitals game.
    Good to see Ovie's hip to Capitol Hill kick-backs after only a few years in the District. He's well on his way to becoming an energy lobbyist.

Originally posted by i.am.js View Post
    After ridiculing Capitals teammate Jeff Schultz's ride ("He drives a strange vehicle that looks like a minivan, but it is two seated and has an open trunk."),
    Crazy foreigner's never seen a pick-up truck before?

Moon

Comment

call me stupid, but I couldn't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Comment

Next time O should say he's a diplomat.
        Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
        Jesus is . . .

Comment

Working...
        X