• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Obama Supports Off-Shore Drilling

I just love this guy.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...801obama1.html
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

I'm glad he came around.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Oh no he diin't....

Comment

Yea, that's a complete reversal....
        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

"If you wanna believe offshore drilling would have any positive impact on what you pay for gas, you might as well believe that I'm willing to trash Florida's tourism economy too."
          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
            Yea, that's a complete reversal....
            Total one-eighty .....

"I think it's important for the American people to understand we're not going to drill our way out of this problem," he said.

"It's also important to recognize if you start drilling now you won't see a drop of oil for ten years, which means its not going to have a significant impact on short-term prices. Every expert agrees on that."

McCain has tried to paint Obama as an obstacle to lower gas prices in a pair of television ads that boast McCain's off-shore drilling position while blaming Obama for $4-per-gallon gas.

Comment

IN-shore drilling? Old story - at least 3 weeks old. Saying he'll consider it IF the Republicans agree to a whole host of energy policy changes is just his way of diffusing the issue. Comes down to it as President, I'd put money on him not allowing off shore drilling.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                IN-shore drilling? Old story - at least 3 weeks old. Saying he'll consider it IF the Republicans agree to a whole host of energy policy changes is just his way of diffusing the issue. Comes down to it as President, I'd put money on him not allowing off shore drilling.

Moon
                Yeah, whatever.
                "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                  Yeah, whatever.
                  He's still being clear that it's a gimmick that won't provide anything beneficial (for consumers anyway) for years to come, if ever ... but hell, if most the people are buying the dishonest connection between trashing the coast and gas prices, why not express a willingness to compromise providing it's a two-way street?

Especially as it could provide the best leverage so far for getting a commitment to the development of alternative energy sources .... though maybe a decade or two behind where we should be.

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                    Yeah, whatever.
                    I'd start typing all the issues that John McCain has changed positions on, but it would take all day.
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Remember that time that McCain said he'd go to the gates of hell to track down Osama bin Laden ... but not go into Pakistan?

That was awesome.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

This is a tactical move, coldly calculated by Obama. He knew, beyond a shadow of any doubt, that the one thing that would be reported by the mainstream media, is the generic reaction that he is a flip-flopper. It takes a pretty big leap by the general public to get beyond that--to the more accurate reaction that compromises are necessary to move forward. The republicans have two reactions ready on all issues: "He is a flip flopper" or, "He does not have the capacity or experience to lead by compromise---he thinks he can just say it, and it will happen."

This is part of laying the groundwork to weaken this "whatever you say, we will make fun of you" strategy of the republicans.

I suspect he will get clobbered on the Sunday shows---the timid media will not go beyond the flip-flopper crap---but it will not come as a surprise to obama. It is early in August---he still has until the convention to do some of this necessary groundwork.
                        kjoe
                        Last edited by kjoe; 08-02-2008, 01:01 PM.
                        v

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe View Post
                          This is part of laying the groundwork to weaken this "whatever you say, we will make fun of you" strategy of the republicans.

FAR eats that shit up.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by kjoe View Post
                            It takes a pretty big leap by the general public to get beyond that--to the more accurate reaction that compromises are necessary to move forward.
                            When Republicans want a bipartisan solution, it means they have Joe Lieberman.

When Democrats want to go bipartisan, they are flip-floppers.

Comment

I love the McCain commercials, with one he is inexperienced and hasn't been around to do anything, he has no record and hasn't accomplished anything, but in the other one he is responsible for the high price of gas.
                              (I'd look a little closer at who took office when gas was relatively cheap, and then had a secret energy meeting, and since then gas has gone through the roof)
                              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X