Official TP GDT: Brickyard 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official TP GDT: Brickyard 400

Well, I was off by a lap; I said the first caution would come out on three. Poor Waltrip...
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

We went last year - I've never seen my son more bored at a race...
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

What was the deal with there being an automatic caution on lap 14? Turned out there was a wreck anyway, but why was there going to be one?
      Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Tires. Every year, the tires suck here because the track is so abrasive and stock cars weren't meant to hit such low-banked turns at those speeds. It's an issue every year and every year, NASCAR and Goodyear fuck it up. This is the first time in four years I haven't gone to cover the three races. When the monster trucks left Gateway last night, Daddy was officially on vacation. I plan on a lot of grilling, a lot of drinking, and a lot of alien killing. It's going to be divine.

Comment

So do they just have the one 'scheduled' caution, or all day? And if just one, why bother? If they have more than one, doesn't that take away from the strategy and whatnot about when to - or not to - pit?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
            So do they just have the one 'scheduled' caution, or all day? And if just one, why bother? If they have more than one, doesn't that take away from the strategy and whatnot about when to - or not to - pit?
            It's a trainwreck. They were supposed to have a scheduled stop at 10 and one later in the race, but now they're just doing them whenever. NASCAR should absolutely be embarassed. This is a debacle. I felt the criticism re: tires after Atlanta was a little overblown, but NASCAR will deserve whatever they get post-race here. Indy is too dangerous a track for this to keep happening year after year and yet NASCAR continues to let it happen.

Comment

They might have to end this race early, they might not have tires to finish it.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Competition Yellow. Sounds like a good name for a rock band.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                  They might have to end this race early, they might not have tires to finish it.
                  That was discussed. What makes it bad is the fact they actually have the Pocono tires to use as well. Just fucking awful.

Comment

Why instead of throwing all these comp yellows don't they just allow the teams to race, you run as long as you think you can instead of telling teams in the back that they can pit a lap or two early and have no fear of losing laps but gain track position.
                    This race is one of the worst I have ver seen.

Comment

And even though it's my guy Jeff doing it, teams that are taking 4 tires have no worry about running out of tires because they are going to give extra.

Comment

Is this espn's first race of the year to broadcast? If so, they've got to be thrilled with this.
                        June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                          Why instead of throwing all these comp yellows don't they just allow the teams to race, you run as long as you think you can instead of telling teams in the back that they can pit a lap or two early and have no fear of losing laps but gain track position.
                          This race is one of the worst I have ver seen.
                          Because NASCAR knows its their fault and they don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                            Because NASCAR knows its their fault and they don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt.
                            Yeah but tires wear at every track, teams know about how long they have on them, just like they know now, it would be a much better race if they let them race.
                            It's like they were just saying, this is a bunch of "heat" races, and it's stupid.

Comment

And Damn, I am happy NASCAR agreed with me that allowing teams that were not in the lead to short pit and gain an advantage knowing a caution was coming so they had nothing to lose so they started closing the pits early.

Comment

Working...
                              X