What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

I interviewed for a new job 2 weeks ago and was offered a position. they are offering me $4.05 more per hour than I am making now and it is 13 miles from home (I am driving 45 miles each way now), seems like a no brainer right? Here is the deal the hours are 3:00PM - 11:30 PM Monday - Friday. I have talked with my wife and she is OK with it. But I like where I work now and the people are great and my job is very easy. My new job will be similar but I know I will be much busier.

WWYD?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Any chance of getting onto days in the reasonably near future? Difference in benefits?

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Is the $160 a week worth being away from your family every night? What kind of opportunity for advancement does the new gig have for advancement?
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
        Is the $160 a week worth being away from your family every night? What kind of opportunity for advancement does the new gig have for advancement?
        Great redundant question!
        If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

More money and huge savings on gas, vs horrible hours. The busy thing shouldn't factor much - I would rather be busy at work than not (so long as it's not so busy all the time an 8 hour day seems like a holiday).

Any chance they'd switch hours for you at some point in the future?
          Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            Great redundant question!
            I need an editor
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

What ChiTown said - if you can get the hours to change in the future I'll take the job.

Just me though.

Comment

I worked nights for years when I was in TV. Believe it or not, I loved it. I am not a morning person though, and I was single at the time. It just seems like your free time before going to work is longer and more productive.

Would it be possible to go to a day shift at some point?

Today, I wouldn't do it because I like to be home when the kids are here.

Comment

If you have kids, I say no. It's not worth it. You'll understand when they're grown up. You can't get that time back.
                  "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

There is no guarantee on switching to days, I have already asked, but they did say when a day shift opens it is always offered in house first.

Benefits are better than where I am now. Where I am now there is no room to move up at the new place there is. And rather tan a 403b I will have a 401k, although they do not start matching until you have been employed 1 year.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained View Post
                      I interviewed for a new job 2 weeks ago and was offered a position. they are offering me $4.05 more per hour than I am making now and it is 13 miles from home (I am driving 45 miles each way now), seems like a no brainer right? Here is the deal the hours are 3:00PM - 11:30 PM Monday - Friday. I have talked with my wife and she is OK with it. But I like where I work now and the people are great and my job is very easy. My new job will be similar but I know I will be much busier.

WWYD?
                      Take the job, and pass me along the info for your old job.

Or don't take the job, and pass me along the info for this open position.
                      Official Lounge Sponsor
                      Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

I would rather not work nights. And you have a sure thing now.
                        Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                        Jesus is . . .

Comment

Originally posted by drobny23 View Post
                          I would rather not work nights. And you have a sure thing now.
                          +++

I'd take the graveyard shift over evenings. And I have.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Hold out for $4.06 more.

Comment

Wasn't there some issue of insolvency at your current place? Am I thinking of someone else?
                              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                              X