Tony Stewart in town Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Stewart in town Wednesday

Word on the street is, he's after some Yaks blood...

M&Ms NASCAR Night of Stars at I-55 Almost Here
    See the stars of NASCAR Wednesday at Pevely

PEVELY, Mo. – A two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion from the Lone Star State known as “The Iceman.” A NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series champion who you don’t want to see in your rearview mirror on a restart. A Missouri native who is one of the few racers to win in the Truck Series, the Nationwide Series, and the Sprint Cup Series. Some guy called “Smoke.”

I-55 Raceway is hosting those drivers and more Wednesday night for its Sixth Annual M&Ms NASCAR Night of Stars. The high-banked one-third-mile track has seen its share of great racers in its storied history, but the talent level for this year’s event could be one of the best ever.

Eight of the top racers in motorsports make up the official driver list for this annual event, with proceeds this year benefitting the Special Olympics. Competing here this year are I-55 co-owner Ken Schrader; two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and the first driver to win the USAC Triple Crown, Tony Stewart; fellow two-time Sprint Cup Series champion, Terry Labonte; former NASCAR Nationwide Series winner, Justin Labonte; former World of Outlaws champion and winner of the legendary Chili Bowl, Dave Blaney; defending NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series champion, Ron Hornaday; three-time NCTS championship runner-up, Dennis Setzer; and former two-time NASCAR Auto Zone West champion and eight-time NCTS winner, Brendan Gaughan.

“We have an unbelievable amount of racing talent coming to I-55 this year,” said track co-owner and promoter, Ray Marler. “These guys truly show what racing is all about. They race anytime, anywhere, for the love of the sport and for our great fans. For them to come here with their busy schedules and help us support Special Olympics just shows the class these guys have.

“We’re proud to have them here and I know they’re going to put on a heckuva show for our fans.”

In addition to watching the stars of NASCAR race on one of the most renowned dirt tracks in the Midwest, fans will have the opportunity to see some great racing throughout the night. The full UMP dirt late model program is scheduled to run, as well as the POWRi Series midgets and the 600 cc outlaw sprints.

Gates open at 4 p.m. on July 23 with practice starting at 6 p.m. and racing kicking off at 7 p.m. For ticket information, call 636-479-3219 or visit them on the Web at I55Raceway.com.
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Love me some dirt track racing at I-55, but I bet it's hard to get within a mile of the place on a night like this.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I was gonna post that, can you say crowd? It's gonna be a fucking madhouse.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Great -- now he's spamming the board with press releases...

Spamdon Mudd....HA!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
        X