OK Macolytes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Macolytes...

I have a new MacBook Pro arriving sometime this week, because I'm going to be developing iPhone software. I understand that this machine cannot be docked. I've already seen the BookEndz.com "docking station" for the device - do any of you MacBookers know of an alternative? I'd sure like to be able to run dual external monitors, which my Lenovo has no problem with - is there any way to do that here?

it's the apocalypse.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

or the more expensive but it works for multiple screen size and acts as different screens

That's one area MacBooks need to improve on: docks and dual or triple monitor support. Usually the desktop versions work fine but since everyone is buying the notebooks like crazy, you'll figure Apple would read the market. I guess not.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll look into these leads.

Comment

buy a ma...

sorry, nevermind

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke View Post
            buy a ma...

sorry, nevermind
            I didn't buy this one, my company did.

And Apple does no favors for developers, really. We're one of the biggest developers on the planet, and they were unable to offer us more than an 8% discount off of full retail. I guess they don't think they have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post

And Apple does no favors for developers, really. We're one of the biggest developers on the planet, and they were unable to offer us more than an 8% discount off of full retail. I guess they don't think they have to.
              WOW. So you have to pay nearly full price to make stuff for them? insane. That is nearing Gates territory right there!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

they were unable to offer us more than an 8% discount off of full retail. I guess they don't think they have to.
                apparently they don't.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

obviously not...you were going to buy one independent of the discount.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
                    Exactly...can't be left out in the cold

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
                      You're right, we were going to buy one regardless. But the number we are buying isn't ONE, and it might have been higher and/or our project for their phones (instead of their competition's phones) might have gotten out sooner.

Developer discounts are extremely common. They can't expect to ride forever on the cachet of their brand. Microsoft and Nokia both give us massive discounts.

Comment

Holy crap...the Cubs will win the WS next
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
                          Holy crap...the Cubs will win the WS next
                          What is it with you guys? Ex-President of the SCMUG, right here. I've owned more than my share of Macs, and before they were trendy, too.

Comment

What is it with you guys? Ex-President of the SCMUG, right here. I've owned more than my share of Macs, and before they were trendy, too.
                            You gotta admit you buying a Mac is close to the same as Glovey paying a debt or getting laid. It's just something you never expect to see.
                            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

SCMUG?
                              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Working...
                              X