Opening up my time capsule -Ten years later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening up my time capsule -Ten years later

strange night...I'm sitting here down in my basement looking for some financial paperwork, and i make the decision to look through my foot locker that i kept from college (1997). It has all my letters and cards and such from friends from ten years ago and back into high school, ex girlfriends, friends, parents, etc. Alot of sports memorbialia (sp? adkd) from 99-01, magazines and newspapers from the post dispatch, etc...

but the most striking thing for me is the letters, i kept alot of them. They are letters from best friends at the time that i don't talk to much right now, i've lost touch with them. But these were people that were so important to me growing up that i can't for the life of me understand why i have lost touch with them, or even made a phone call or email to them over the years. They were there for me when i was going through some tough times in college, i owe them alot. I've gone through the whole range of emotions already that i m going to say fuck it , open up a bottle of this wine my brother brought back from italy and get drunk so i can just stay happy through all of this. Ive got an 810 tee time at incline village tommorow in east jesus but i might stay up for awhile to continue to read...forgive any future retardness i might post as i'm about to get drunk..

WTF?

Hope you dont have any firearms nearby.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Hahahhahahaha.

Cat, it is really nice to keep in touch with friends that you've had for so long. I feel very fortunate that my best friend from junior high is my best friend today.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

haha sparrow you make me laugh man

just a lot of shit im processing now after reading all these letters...alot of people to reconnect with that i haven't talked to in such a long time.. they meant alot to me and i loved them but lost tough with them.

this italian wine sucks ass..its so damn sweet but its 16% so we are good there

Comment

i've got alittle jose left in my refridgerator so its better now.

Right now im sending a note to a high school "sweetheart" that was really cool. This hot freshman girl was on my balls my entire seinior year when i was dating this other girl (my first girlfriend...ok so i'm a late bloomer), so i break up with my grilfriend cause it wasnt working out, i go out with this chick 0-who is pretty hot by the way- we have this reeeallly short kiss and i figure i was rushing into somehting that i wasnt' prepared for so we only go out once....after that we are friends but everyone keeps telling me she still wants me yada y ada but im not interested as i go away to college...i come back a year later,, she is looking even better so we go out again to a movie and this time im prepared for the hook up...but she acts pretty nervous and not that interested and i was too and nothing ever happened... She found me on myspace about 6 months ago and told me that she's kept this picture of me throughout her HS and college and that she was upset that we didn't get together...oh wtf shoot me now im thinking and the whole time in college im thinking why didnt i ever hook up with her...

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith View Post
            Hahahhahahaha.

Cat, it is really nice to keep in touch with friends that you've had for so long. I feel very fortunate that my best friend from junior high is my best friend today.
            I have like two friends from college that i still talk to, a guy i worked with and i play golf with my roommate from college every other month or so. I feel like there should be more people i keep in touch with though. My best friend in HS, i got an email from her like 7 months ago out of no where...I hadnt talked to her in 8 years....we picked up right were we left off...but i missed alot of time with her in between. I/m sad for that.

Comment

in 97 during my freshman year, i was going through a rough time and everything, any bit of good news was great news at that time. i got a letter around Halloween which was anonymous...it was a poem that a girl had written me talking about how they thought about me alot,etc and that i was a good friend to them and baxsically this girl kinda developed a "crush" so to speak on me....i will never forget where i was, when it was, what i was doing and everthing when i received that letter. It made my day and really made me feel better about things at that time.. I hadn't talked to her since 98' - i never hooked up with her because i wasn't attracted to her but a good friend tho...I found her on myspace and im shooting her an messsage..

Comment

jus sent this really long email that i'm going to rerett in the morning

Comment

Is this the prelude to

"Castrated Cat" ?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

i just found someone on facebook from 8th grade that i talked to in 2000 about going to a party or something....she's looked like she's gained 60 libs since then so i going to keep this message pretty short.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutered Cat View Post
                      i just found someone on facebook from 8th grade that i talked to in 2000 about going to a party or something....she's looked like she's gained 60 libs since then so i going to keep this message pretty short.
                      "Hey babe wanna fuck?"

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

you write letters to friends in high school?

i just punched them in the balls.

Comment

...wonder how Cat is feeling this morning?

Comment

Memories
                            Like the corners of my mind
                            Misty watercolor memories
                            Of the way we were
                            Scattered pictures
                            Of the smiles we left behind
                            Smiles we gave to one another
                            For the way we were

Can it be that it was all so simple then
                            Or has time rewritten every line
                            If we had the chance to do it all again
                            Tell me - would we? could we?

Memories
                            May be beautiful and yet
                            What’s too painful to remember
                            We simply choose to forget

So it is the laughter
                            We will remember
                            Whenever we remember
                            The way we were

So it is the laughter
                            We will remember
                            Whenever we remember
                            The way we were
                            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by easy ed View Post
                              ...wonder how Cat is feeling this morning?
                              delete delete delete
                              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
                              X