The Cardinals as sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 007 View Post
    I read his response as free agent market, not trade...
    No, I'm talking about trade, right now. Pitchers being shopped on the market prior to the July 31 deadline.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy View Post
      Unless they have ruined the value of Reyes completely, I'd like to see the Cardinals trade him.

Hell, I'd like to see them trade him no matter what. It drives me nuts seeing him languishing in the minors when he pitched decently (not great) out of the 'pen earlier this year and they dont give him any chances that they give to these other fuckups.
      If you don't throw Duncan's way, you don't pitch on this team. It's funny too because Perez doesn't throw anything at all like a Duncan type pitcher but here he is muckin' up the place.
      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Some poster at Cards Talk (yes, yes: I know) stated that with Eric Byrnes possibly being out the remainder of 08 w/ a hamstring tear, the radio home of the 'Backs (KTAR) reported that the club checked on the availability of Ankiel that would include Orlando Hudson and Max Scherzer coming back this way....

Me? I think if Ankiel continues to play like this, his offseason value on the trade market will be extremely high...
        Oh, do that.
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
          If you don't throw Duncan's way, you don't pitch on this team. It's funny too because Perez doesn't throw anything at all like a Duncan type pitcher but here he is muckin' up the place.
          I really don't see him doing it much longer...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I really don't see him doing it much longer...
            Yeah, he's gone after tonights debacle. Another promising young Cardinal arm is vanquished. Looks like the kid still has a lot to learn about how to pitch.
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

From the outside looking in I'd think ya'll are nuts to sell. While the Cardinals have some flaws (obviously the bullpen) so does every other team in the NL playoff hunt....even the mighty Cubs.

The NL West is shit. Now that the Phillies have crashed back to Earth the NL East ain't much better. So that leaves two playoff spots coming from the NL Central. Say the Cubs run away with in come September that means it is between the Cards and a team managed by Ned Yost.

As 2006 proved once in the playoffs anything came happen. In round one the Cubs will play whatever NL West team can finish close to .500 while the NL Central Wild Card will play the equally flawed Phillies or Mets team. Winner of that plays the Cubs and has a 100 years of jinx on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
                Yeah, he's gone after tonights debacle. Another promising young Cardinal arm is vanquished. Looks like the kid still has a lot to learn about how to pitch.
                I'm not basing it solely on tonight, though...

guy has tremendous value for a position that is a volatile as closer...I like the guy's future potential, but I've come to learn that it might be the smart thing to do and use him as bait...

Comment

[quote=007;1910679]Some poster at Cards Talk (yes, yes: I know) stated that with Eric Byrnes possibly being out the remainder of 08 w/ a hamstring tear, the radio home of the 'Backs (KTAR) reported that the club checked on the availability of Ankiel that would include Orlando Hudson and Max Scherzer coming back this way....

I wouldn't do that trade. Include Stephrn Drew....
                  I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I wish they'd trade Duncan. But I doubt that they do...
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf View Post
                      Some poster at Cards Talk (yes, yes: I know) stated that with Eric Byrnes possibly being out the remainder of 08 w/ a hamstring tear, the radio home of the 'Backs (KTAR) reported that the club checked on the availability of Ankiel that would include Orlando Hudson and Max Scherzer coming back this way....

I wouldn't do that trade. Include Stephrn Drew....
                      Personally, I'd want Drew instead of Hudson...

Comment

Personally, I'd want Drew instead of Hudson...

Same here.
                        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Lo and behold, Ken Rosenthal notes in this video (1:50 in) that Arizona is looking for a left-handed bat for the OF...

Comment

I'm not basing it solely on tonight, though...

guy has tremendous value for a position that is a volatile as closer...I like the guy's future potential, but I've come to learn that it might be the smart thing to do and use him as bait...
                            I'm not either. Perez has shown me some decent stuff, BUT he needs to learn how to spot that fastball and possibly develop another pitch (like a cutter) would be nice. He needs to give the hitter some different looks.

Comment

Lunacy.

I'm all for trading Lohse, if the thought is that we can't sign him, but...huh.

Why would we trade Ankiel, for instance? We've got him locked up for another two seasons, and seeing as how he's hit 12 HR in his last 30 games or so, and seeing as how he's got all of two years of experience as a professional hitter, shouldn't we want to see what the ceiling is on the guy?

I sure wouldn't trade 29-year-old Rick Ankiel for 30-year old Orlando Hudson, even if Sherzer was part of the deal.
                              I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
                                Lunacy.

I'm all for trading Lohse, if the thought is that we can't sign him, but...huh.

Why would we trade Ankiel, for instance? We've got him locked up for another two seasons, and seeing as how he's hit 12 HR in his last 30 games or so, and seeing as how he's got all of two years of experience as a professional hitter, shouldn't we want to see what the ceiling is on the guy?

I sure wouldn't trade 29-year-old Rick Ankiel for 30-year old Orlando Hudson, even if Sherzer was part of the deal.
                                They have ankiel locked up for one more, not two...he's up for arbitration after this season and a free agent after that...

Comment

Working...
                                X