The Cardinals as sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 007 View Post
    They definitely could get "something" for him(Loshe)...but what? Don't think the line would be long of teams willing to part with anything beyond B-level prospects in return...
    Do you still feel the same way 007?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutered Cat View Post
      Do you still feel the same way 007?
      Have they played the Mets series yet?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

• Rockies wanted Buchholtz from Red Sox for Fuentes
        The price for Colorando Rockies left-handed reliever Brian Fuentes appears to be pretty high. According to the Denver Post, the Rockies are looking for a premium starting pitcher in return. A Rockies source told the Denver Post that Colorado was asking for Clay Buchholz from the Red Sox or Ian Kennedy from the Yankees.

The Rocky Mountain News reported that the Yankees and Rays are in Colorado this week scouting Fuentes, and that the Red Sox, Phillies, Tigers, D-Backs, and Angels all had scouts watching Fuentes. According to the paper, no concrete offers have been made for the Rockies closer.

The Red Sox could make a play for Fuentes, the Globe's Nick Cafardo wrote in a recent Sunday's baseball notes column. However, the Red Sox are set at closer with Jonathan Papelbon, and Fuentes told the Denver Post Saturday that he'd like to work as a closer "wherever I go."

Could Fuentes be a fit in Tampa Bay? Determined to put distance between them and the Red Sox in the AL East, the Rays are aggressively chasing the on-again, off-again Rockies closer, reports the Denver Post. The Yankees, Phillies and A's are also in the mix for Fuentes, who has a 3.41 ERA with 14 saves and hasn't allowed a hit in his last five appearances.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Yes, I heard him...made it sound like it would 'get done' sooner or later...

Something tells me a roster move is coming in the next two days...

Too late?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burrito Brother View Post
            Too late?
            Which part?

To reference an article/link I just posted, the Rockies won't make up their minds on buying or selling until the weekend's over...I think the Cardinals should be in the same boat with their series against the Mets...if the Cardinals don't win the series, they'd have to seriously take a look at making moves towards '09...

Comment

• Sell, Mortimer..sell....

Comment

• Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
                Sell, Mortimer..sell....
                Here's a question...

What would be the worse outcome in terms of PR for the Cardinals -- not making a move at the deadline, making a lame move at the deadline or selling at the deadline?

I think I'll poll this...

Comment

Here's a question...

What would be the worse outcome in terms of PR for the Cardinals -- not making a move at the deadline, making a lame move at the deadline or selling at the deadline?

By 'lame' move, do you mean picking up somebody who is mediocre just for the sake of making a trade (The Ron Caron Special), or trading some really talented, high value guys to pick up players to win now? I would probably call that lame.

Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                    By 'lame' move, do you mean picking up somebody who is mediocre just for the sake of making a trade (The Ron Caron Special), or trading some really talented, high value guys to pick up players to win now? I would probably call that lame.

Moon
                    It's up for interpretation, but I'd say both could fall into that category...

However, I was thinking the Sterling Hitchcock special...

Comment

Here's a question...

making a lame move and over-paying for said mediocrity.

Comment

It's up for interpretation, but I'd say both could fall into that category...

However, I was thinking the Sterling Hitchcock special...
                        agreed...exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTB View Post
                          Perez?

Not ready for prime time I'm afraid.

AAAA type ala Reyes?

Not at all. Just needs to learn to throw the slider for strikes.

MLB hitters were sitting on fastballs.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                          -Barry Goldwater

Comment

• Originally posted by kah View Post
                            I have ripped Reyes more times than I can count on this forum but at this point it honestly couldn't hurt.
                            This is how bad it's gotten. After Franklin gave up the hit, I actually was hoping they'd bring in Brad Thompson.
                            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                              Not at all. Just needs to learn to throw the slider for strikes.

MLB hitters were sitting on fastballs.
                              ++

It's way too early to give up on that guy.
                              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X