X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy fractures skull after being hit by ball at Wrigley

Boy fractures skull after being hit by ball at Wrigley

Associated Press

Updated: July 12, 2008, 1:40 AM EST Doctors and family members say a 7-year-old boy who fractured his skull when he was struck by a foul ball at Wrigley Field was recovering and expected to live.

Dominic DiAngi of suburban Frankfort was sitting behind the Cubs dugout Thursday afternoon during a game between the Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds when a foul ball off the bat of Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly struck him in the head.

On Friday, the boy was in serious condition. Children's Memorial Hospital spokeswoman Julie Pesch says the boy regained consciousness on Friday and doctors said he was steadily improving throughout the day.

The game was the first major league game the boy had ever attended.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8...ley?print=true

IN?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

What are the odds that dad was on a cell phone?

Comment

nets are coming, just like in hockey.
        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Good to hear he's alright.....

My first baseball memory was a hoosier puking over the rail at Busch 80 feet above the sidewalk.....

Comment

Originally posted by Legionarivs XIII View Post
            Good to hear he's alright.....

My first baseball memory was a hoosier puking over the rail at Busch 80 feet above the sidewalk.....

I am not a hoosier. Just acted like one...
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I know it's not the majors, but I've seen 2 people taken out on stretchers at the River City Rascals games this year.

One was opening day when a guy was walking behind home and got plunked on the top of his head by a high fould ball. He dropped like a sack of cement.

The other was just a couple of weeks ago. A lady right down in front of us got drilled by a line drive in the sternum. They attended to her for a bit before the ambulance got there and then they carried her and laid her out right by the tent suite where we sit. Reports were that she turned blue when she was in her seat.

There were 2 smoked line drives into the seats last night at the Rascals game. I turn away before I see impact. Luckily, nobody got hurt on those 2.

Last year, a guy was holding the hand of his toddler while they were walking down the 3rd base side walkway. He was just 20 feet from us when a line drive foul barely missed his kid's head and drilled him in the back. He had no idea it was coming.

There are just way too many people who go to the games and have their head completely up their butts when action is taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                I know it's not the majors, but I've seen 2 people taken out on stretchers at the River City Rascals games this year.

One was opening day when a guy was walking behind home and got plunked on the top of his head by a high fould ball. He dropped like a sack of cement.

The other was just a couple of weeks ago. A lady right down in front of us got drilled by a line drive in the sternum. They attended to her for a bit before the ambulance got there and then they carried her and laid her out right by the tent suite where we sit. Reports were that she turned blue when she was in her seat.

There were 2 smoked line drives into the seats last night at the Rascals game. I turn away before I see impact. Luckily, nobody got hurt on those 2.

Last year, a guy was holding the hand of his toddler while they were walking down the 3rd base side walkway. He was just 20 feet from us when a line drive foul barely missed his kid's head and drilled him in the back. He had no idea it was coming.

There are just way too many people who go to the games and have their head completely up their butts when action is taking place.
                and the net behind the plate doesn't cover that much and the stands are real close to the field. You better pay attention at that place especially.
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post

Where do you sit? We attend occasionally...

Comment

whenever i see berkman lose his bat i always think this is the night its gonna kill someone.

Comment

The Card's minor league team in the QC trys to kill people as they enter the park. During BP any foul straight back lands directly in the path of the fans coming into the ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by FatherDemon View Post
                        Where do you sit? We attend occasionally...
                        Tent suite 1.

Comment

This is why I bring my glove to the game.
                          Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                          Jesus is . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X