Any fishermen on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fishermen on this forum?

I'm looking for a good crappie location, within a two hour drive of St. Louis.
    Make America Great For Once.

Lake of the Ozarks.

Loaded with crappie. A little more than a two hour drive, though, but not much.
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Thanks DFW.

BTW, when I lived in Texas, I used to love going over to Toledo Bend Reservoir, on the Texas-Louisiana border. Talk about you slab sized crappie!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info Kev. I've been looking for a good fishin' hole down here.
        " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Kev,

I been out of it for awhile, but a buddy who fishes a lot around here tells me Carlye Lake is good for them Crappie.. Go to the Patoka side tho. Also he says that Coffin is not bad. Power Plant keeps the water heated all the time. Funny you should bring this up. I was just talking to him about it last night. THinking about getting back into some fishin.. Looks like baseball will not be very interesting this year...
          Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Soocrates,

Nothing could be better on a warm spring day, than to have a radio with the game on, a couple of cold ones on ice, and catching a few fish.

Ahhhhh......

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Feb 27 2004, 07:43 PM
              Soocrates,

Nothing could be better on a warm spring day, than to have a radio with the game on, a couple of cold ones on ice, and catching a few fish.

Ahhhhh......
              Unless you lose 2 radios out of a boat as I have done in the past... :angry:
              Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Feb 27 2004, 07:43 PM
                Soocrates,

Ahhhhh......
                I think that's as close to heaven as you could ever get in this lifetime!

I'm ready to break out the pole right now.

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Feb 27 2004, 07:55 PM-->
                  QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Feb 27 2004, 07:55 PM)

Originally posted by Soocrates@Feb 27 2004, 07:53 PM
                  Unless you lose 2 radios out of a boat as I have done in the past... :angry:
                  That's why I mentioned "a couple of cold ones"

Also, just think of the pleasure that the Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, and Catfish had listening to Jack and Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev+Feb 27 2004, 08:04 PM-->
                    QUOTE(The Kev @ Feb 27 2004, 08:04 PM)

Kev, you got a boat?

You'll need one for Lake of the Ozarks.

Mark Twain has pretty good crappie as well.

I think just about anywhere you can get to from STL has crappie, Rend Lake, Carlyle, Ozarks, Mark Twain. Tablerock, Taneycomo, and Bull Shoals are top notch but more than 2 hrs.

Comment

I used to go to Mark Twain Lake just about every weekend for a couple years.

Good crappie fishing there.

We used to catch our dinner every week.

For trout I always liked Bennett Springs.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by chazzz@Feb 27 2004, 09:55 PM
                        Kev, you got a boat?

You'll need one for Lake of the Ozarks.

Mark Twain has pretty good crappie as well.

I think just about anywhere you can get to from STL has crappie, Rend Lake, Carlyle, Ozarks, Mark Twain. Tablerock, Taneycomo, and Bull Shoals are top notch but more than 2 hrs.
                        For the Ozarks...you will need a big f'n boat if you plan to even go near the main channel.
                        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I hate Bull shoals. My Aunt , Uncle had a place down in isabella MO on Bullshoalsbefore he died. That lake sucks in the summer. Crystal clear hard as hell to catch anything. Of course I lived in SW Florida for 11 years so i was spoiled by cathing 5+ pounders all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X