Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Utah
    • Aug 2013

If sub 8 minute miles are pretty doable, consider me not Miles Davis.

Comment

• drat
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Utah View Post
      If sub 8 minute miles are pretty doable, consider me not Miles Davis.
      I might be able to break 10 minutes

Comment

• TyWebb
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by JK View Post
        I do 20 miles on a bike in about 1:30. That's averaging only about 13.5 mph. 13mph is pretty easily doable and that would put you at a bit under an hour for the bike. 8mph running pace is pretty doable too - 5K would be about 25 minutes there.

No clue on the swimming.
        If you're coming from basically nothing, 5k in 25 minutes would be pretty challenging, unless you're in your early 20s or so. Breaking 30 minutes would be reasonable.

Comment

• JK
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TyWebb View Post

If you're coming from basically nothing, 5k in 25 minutes would be pretty challenging, unless you're in your early 20s or so. Breaking 30 minutes would be reasonable.
          Oh yeah...I was assuming some level of training since Tiger said he was hitting the gym. If you just go out there cold, you might be walking across the finish line.
          "Be truthful, not neutral."

Comment

• Tiger Chiro 75
            • Jul 2013

yesterday i did 5k at 5.5 mph on the treadmi and finished around 34 ish mins. the bike ride was not at a high resistance took a little over an hour.

Comment

• Utah
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Tiger Chiro 75 View Post
              yesterday i did 5k at 5.5 mph on the treadmi and finished around 34 ish mins. the bike ride was not at a high resistance took a little over an hour.
              This is more Earth-like.

Comment

• marco
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post

Nutrisystem (it works)

Only drink 1 day / week

Exercise at least an hour / day
                It's that bottom one. Need to figure that one out.
                25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

• marco
                  • Dec 2005

If I ran out the front door right this second for a 5k, I might be back in like 45 minutes. Maybe.
                  25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                  Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

• Tiger Chiro 75
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by marco View Post
                    If I ran out the front door right this second for a 5k, I might be back in like 45 minutes. Maybe.
                    ill time ya... one two three go!

Comment

• marco
                      • Dec 2005

ill time ya... one two three go!
                      Ha. I could use the break from the kids.

Comment

• Tiger Chiro 75
                        • Jul 2013

took me 26 mins to swim the half of mile. So I think my overall goal when I actually do this thing is to do it in 2 hours 15 mins

Comment

• ppg shg
                          • Apr 2004

Going to Denver, technically Red Rocks, for a wedding this weekend. Will hit up Orangetheory with the 26 y/o, which is her latest workout obsession.
                          From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

• Tiger Chiro 75
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post
                            Going to Denver, technically Red Rocks, for a wedding this weekend. Will hit up Orangetheory with the 26 y/o, which is her latest workout obsession.
                            tell her to skip that and just run up and down the bleachers at red rocks

Comment

• ppg shg
                              • Apr 2004

tell her to skip that and just run up and down the bleachers at red rocks
                              I think we'll just be in Red Rocks for the wedding on Saturday. High noon. Staying primarily in Golden.

She goes through these phases. Works out like a beast, starves herself, full tilt for a month. Then one week the scale doesn't move, and it's -- I'm never working out again!
                              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

• big d note
                                • Mar 2004

Running the bleachers at Red Rocks would be a way better and free workout. Although maybe not if the smoke is still bad.

We've worked on sound isolation for a ton of OTF locations, probably at least 20 by now. Tell her to go to the one at Belmar and yell a lot and pound on the wall and piss off the PITA doctor next door. F that guy.

I think the tours at the Coors brewery are still paused for now, but Cannonball Creek brewery is a good hangout in Golden. Plenty of good stuff in the downtown Golden area too.
                                You can't kill terror
                                So let's declare war
                                There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

Working...
                                X