Shut Yo Mouf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Yo Mouf!

If any of you hoosiers are planning on recreating at the Lake of the Ozarks this 4th of July...
    (from KSDK)

LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. (AP) -- With the July 4 weekend coming up, Lake of the Ozarks swimmers are being urged to take precautions.
    The Missouri Department of Natural Resources says five out of 53 water samples taken from the lake show elevated levels of E.coli.
    Water from one cove was 12 times the standard for safe swimming.
    Associated Press
    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Ewwww Thats nastee!!

Comment

Nice of them to mention which cove.

Comment

I'm not surprised. I was up there about 3 weeks ago and the water was as dirty as I've ever seen it. Probably from all the rains we've had, creating sediment and trash runoff into the lake.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

i would think the level of alcohol that most of the "Lake" frequentors consume will keep all safe. Those of you that do not partake, i suggest you start.
          Roy Mueller

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
            With all the coves they have at Lake of the Ozarks, it would've taken a detailed description of which cove it is that would've been longer than the article was.

And even then you probably couldnt have figured out for sure if you had the right cove, if you were to go boating on the lake and tried to find it.
            “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Just don't have sex in the lake or you will fo sho get a kidney infection.

YWIA

Comment

Are they still allowing those ocean sized yatchs on that lake?
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  One of the comments at ksdk.com said a cove near MM 26...Which is about where Tan-Tar-A is...

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                    YES!!!

There needs to be a size limit on boats in that lake. It is far too narrow for those things.

And I am glad they put this out now, not last week when I was there!

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke View Post
                      YES!!!

There needs to be a size limit on boats in that lake. It is far too narrow for those things.

And I am glad they put this out now, not last week when I was there!
                      I was not impressed with that lake when we wisited it back in 02. I found it to be very noisy and the fishing sucked. I actually find Clearwater Lake and Lake Wappapello much more to my liking.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Yep. Seriously, that's why you need at least a 26-28 foot boat (run-about) just to be safe out on the water...Unless you wanna buck up for the yacht

Comment

I was not impressed with that lake when we wisited it back in 02. I found it to be very noisy and the fishing sucked. I actually find Clearwater Lake and Lake Wappapello much more to my liking.
                          Depends on what you want at the lake. If you want to fish, I would stay away from it. Skiing is not bad if you know when and where to look. Tons of stuff to do while there that is out of the water as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                            One of the comments at ksdk.com said a cove near MM 26...Which is about where Tan-Tar-A is...
                            Good times.

I have never set foot in the Lake. I am ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                              Yep. Seriously, that's why you need at least a 26-28 foot boat (run-about) just to be safe out on the water...Unless you wanna buck up for the yacht
                              we have a smaller boat. we can go out during the week, but once it hits noon on Friday we need to be out of the water.

I have become a VERY good boat driver thanks to that thing in that lake!

Comment

Working...
                              X