Maybe one of you computer-type people can help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe one of you computer-type people can help

I purchased a PC video game called "The Settlers" that requires a video card that is 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant. It also says that it only supports ATI Radeon 9500/X/HD series.

My video card is ATI Radeon x600 -- I didn't know this before -- but is 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant.

Is there anything I can do to get the video game to work without buying a new video card? If so, how much are we talking about with the video card cost? Can someone with only a modicum of knowledge about a computer put one of these things in?
    On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Get a Mac.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
      Get a Mac.

Moon
      Yeah, yeah...sunk costs.

Plus last time I looked your comp was a PC.
      On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy View Post
        Yeah, yeah...sunk costs.

Plus last time I looked your comp was a PC.
        Buy a new game.

Moon

Comment

That's a different story...who knew you couldn't return these things? (Lots of people I'm sure...I'll get my money back, just you wait.)

Anyway...you're not helpful. You know that, right?

Comment

That's a different story...who knew you couldn't return these things? (Lots of people I'm sure...I'll get my money back, just you wait.)

Anyway...you're not helpful. You know that, right?
            Gamezone only gives that game a 6.5 out of 10. Do a little homework on system requirements before you waste your money on a piece of shit game about medieval shit-eating serfs, retard.

Moon

Comment

Couldn't you guys have had this conversation in person and saved some bandwidth?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
                Couldn't you guys have had this conversation in person and saved some bandwidth?
                PMs require an ATI Radeon 9500/X/HD series video card...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I purchased a PC video game called "The Settlers" that requires a video card that is 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant. It also says that it only supports ATI Radeon 9500/X/HD series.

My video card is ATI Radeon x600 -- I didn't know this before -- but is 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compliant.

Is there anything I can do to get the video game to work without buying a new video card? If so, how much are we talking about with the video card cost? Can someone with only a modicum of knowledge about a computer put one of these things in?
                  Seems like your video card is an ATI Radeon x Series. So install the motherfucking program and see if it runs.

Can't hurt, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
                    Couldn't you guys have had this conversation in bed like usual?
                    fixed
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Sometime soon Shark is going to move in with four paragraphs that I'll never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                        Seems like your video card is an ATI Radeon x Series. So install the motherfucking program and see if it runs.

Can't hurt, right?
                        Probably not. Now what exactly does that mean?

Comment

Have you installed it? Does it run?

Your ATI card is from a generation where ATI cards were getting demolished in bang-for-the-buck by nVidia. If you need to buy a new card, this one at newegg.com will run on you system and significantly upgrade your graphic performance for extremely cheap.
                          I like cheese.

Comment

Your videocard is an "X" series card. According to the requirements you listed, it should run the game.

Comment

It runs, but not with all of the video and graphics. The best way to describe it is that its running at about 80%.

Comment

Working...
                              X