No announcement yet.

Jay is hipper than Dave? Maybe neither.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay is hipper than Dave? Maybe neither.

I never get used to reports like these:
    'Late Show' posts poor ratings

Last week tied lowest-ever among 18-49 demo

By Paul J. Gough
    June 26, 2008, 07:48 PM ET

NEW YORK -- CBS' "The Late Show With David Letterman" tied its lowest-ever adults 18-49 rating last week.

"Late Show" averaged a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49, Nielsen Media Research said. That is its lowest ever for an original since the program premiered in 1993, though not the lowest for the show: It has hit 0.9 several times, most recently in late December when it was in reruns because of the WGA strike.

Meanwhile, "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" averaged a 1.3 rating in the demo, its biggest margin of victory against "Late Show" in four months. "Late Show" tied for second place in the demo rating with ABC's "Nightline," though "Nightline" had more viewers in the demo. Both "Tonight" and "Late Show" showed drops in viewers and the demo.

Friday's "Nightline" wasn't included in the ratings.

2. [email protected] comments:
    June 28, 2008

When Letterman preaches his politics he is just naturally going to lose 1/2 of his audience. It's a gamble he chose to take in order to express his passionate positions, but his bitterness is repugnant to some of us and his ratings show it. What did he expect?
    3. Rhett comments:
    June 28, 2008

Maybe the national IQ is rising. Letterman has always been the quintessence of silliness.
    4. OLD CONSERVATIVE comments:
    June 28, 2008

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET ALL THE WAY THROUGH ONE OF HIS SHOWS.I CHASE HIM OFF MY FLAT SCREEN.
    5. bubba1 comments:
    June 28, 2008

Letterman is not particularly funny
    v

Dave rocks....Jay sucks
    I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf View Post
      Dave rocks....Jay sucks
      ++

While I will add that when Jay would fill in for Johnny Carson, I liked him, but once he picked up the gig full time - I had no interest in watching him any longer.
      Feb. 08, 2005
      Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
      Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
      Originally posted by Airshark
      NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Working...
      X