Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continental Airlines Sucks

Bastards.

Yesterday my 2:30 mid-afternoon flight from Houston to Chicago didn't leave until 9 freaking at night. Nothing like sitting in the airport for a 6+ hour delay with a baby, a bunch of pissed off people and Cub fans (or at least one guy in a Soriano jersey).

Who would have thought a 45 minute thunderstorm would screw up air travel for the entire day. The real kick in the nuts was once our plane made it to Houston (from the far off destination of Austin, TX) it was further delayed because once in Houston they had to fix a fire extinguisher that wasn't installed properly. Guess they couldn't fix that while it sat on the ground in Austin for 4 hours.

Lucky for my my thoughtful brother in-law started feeding me beers the minute I walked in the door. It helped. What didn't help is the baby, who was able to deal with the delay MUCH better than I did, was ready to party when I was ready to sleep since he slept most of the time at the airport and in flight.

Oh well. I'm on vacation and going to the Cubs/White Sox game tomorrow. Big White Sox fan.

Now that airlines have had to cut costs by playing it very close to the margins on the number of flight crews out there, all it takes is a small storm at an airline's major hub to cause havoc on their entire network of flights.
    I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
      Now that airlines have had to cut costs by playing it very close to the margins on the number of flight crews out there, all it takes is a small storm at an airline's major hub to cause havoc on their entire network of flights.
      ORD is ridiculous for that. If they get behind at any point in the day, they just can't catch up.

Comment

Flying in and out of the Houston airport in the summer sucks ass. I have flown in and out going to and from Mexico. I have had to sit on the tarmac for 4 to 5 hours at a time all because of the summer t-storms. I have felt your pain.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
          Agree. I spent 3 years in a job a few years back on the road 80% of the time and never had this kind of trouble back then.

There was one flight to Boston that was delayed an additional two hours because they were short a flight attendant. They were mixing and matching a crews from other flights coming in and of course one of those flights was cancelled. The plane, passengers, pilots, etc. were all there but one flight attendant. They ended up with someone coming in on a Cancun flight.

The lesson here is never fly out of Houston on a Summer afternoon because it storms every day.

Comment

anyone else notice how bitchy the Sheriff has been lately? Almost makes me wish the Astros were playing better just to cheer him up.

Almost.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
              anyone else notice how bitchy the Sheriff has been lately? Almost makes me wish the Astros were playing better just to cheer him up.

Almost.
              His teacher friends rubbing his nose in the fact that they have the summer off...the Astros sucking...his kid pissing on him...no nookie from the wife...the Katrina immigrants ruining his property values...his airline woes.

What a whiny little bitch.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post

Almost.
                I'm guessing adding a Lil Deputy to his posse has cut into his sack time.
                "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

it might have been faster to drive to chicago?
                  Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                    ORD is ridiculous for that. If they get behind at any point in the day, they just can't catch up.
                    I hate O'Hare with a passion only rivaled by that of my loathing of the Yankees and Steelers. I think I've had maybe 3 flights that have left that place on time. Last night the runway we were leaving on was about 25 planes deep, and then more poor bastards after us. And if you're supposed to arrive there from a smaller, regional airport, you might as well assume at least an hour delay in arriving.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor:
                    Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                    The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                    Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

I HATE every airline, airport, and airplane.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                        I HATE every airline, airport, and airplane.
                        + FUCKING +

Flying is a goddamn traumatic experience these days.
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                          + FUCKING +

YEP!
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                            + FUCKING +

Cattle. That's all we are now.

Moon

Comment

It's not that bad, people. When was flying a great experience, anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X