Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man steals boat from marina to joyride in the floodwaters, with his young son.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man steals boat from marina to joyride in the floodwaters, with his young son.

I would have looked the other way if the cops would have tazered this guy's dumb ass. Not only is there all kind of stuff in the water that could cause a boat to flip, the wake alone can cause more damage to already weakened levees.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...7?OpenDocument

Man charged with stealing boat in Mo. flood zone
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    06/26/2008

ST. CHARLES -- A man is accused of stealing a boat from a St. Charles County marina and taking a joyride in floodwaters, with his young son along for the ride.

Lake Center Marina employee Paul Grubbs said when he and co-workers noticed that the boat was gone Wednesday, they began searching the floodwaters. Soon they spotted the boat, but Grubbs said the man grabbed his son, jumped into the water and swam into a flooded woods.

More than an hour passed before an employee at neighboring Eagle's Landing Marina found the boy in the water, wearing a life jacket. He said the boy told him that his father drowned, but within an hour authorities found the man nearby.

St. Charles County deputies say a man could face several charges.

The boy, who is primary school age, was not injured.
    Make America Great For Once.

It's nice to take your son for a swim in flood waters.

We seldom get the chance in West Texas, although every now and again a ditch will flood.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
      It's nice to take your son for a swim in flood waters.

We seldom get the chance in West Texas, although every now and again a ditch will flood.
      I probably used to think the same thing, however when I see pictures from helicopters showing all the oil and others substances floating around, I really don't want to go nowhere near it.

Comment

I think the father should receive the death penalty.

Comment

Father of the year right there.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

"Dad said to tell you he drowned" lol.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

A man my wife works with was helping sandbag. He was on a boat (I don't get that either, but apparently that was the main reason he was there, they have a boat and could help). The boat hit a car that was completely submerged and capsized. He cut his leg open on the car. Last she had heard, they were talking amputation. Apparently, there is so much shit in that water that he ended up with 3 different infections in the cut and it was essentially eating away his leg. No word yet on if it will be necessary or not, but that is the kind of things that can happen in flood waters. A primary school kid with those kinds of infections could die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                A primary school kid with those kinds of infections could die.
                So the death penalty would be a just and usual punishment for the father.

Comment

A man my wife works with was helping sandbag. He was on a boat (I don't get that either, but apparently that was the main reason he was there, they have a boat and could help). The boat hit a car that was completely submerged and capsized. He cut his leg open on the car. Last she had heard, they were talking amputation. Apparently, there is so much shit in that water that he ended up with 3 different infections in the cut and it was essentially eating away his leg. No word yet on if it will be necessary or not, but that is the kind of things that can happen in flood waters. A primary school kid with those kinds of infections could die.
                  wow - all because he was trying to be a good Samaritan. That sucks.
                  Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Did he get out right away or stay in a while after getting cut?
                    Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
                      Did he get out right away or stay in a while after getting cut?

I'm not real sure. She just told me the story last night. Her boss told her (her boss was there when it all went down) I don't really know any other details.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                        I probably used to think the same thing, however when I see pictures from helicopters showing all the oil and others substances floating around, I really don't want to go nowhere near it.
                        I was joking, Kev.

I wouldn't leave a dog unleashed around that shit.
                        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I was joking, Kev.

Literally correct.

Comment

I was joking, Kev.

I was being semi serious. As a kid, those flood waters used to look like fun. We used to stick out feet in the overflow of the Brazos when it was at flood. Looking back, I'm so thankful we didn't get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                              Father of the year right there.
                              Well, he did spend some quality time with his son.
                              "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Working...
                              X