Chacon Is Available After Beating Up Ed Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chacon Is Available After Beating Up Ed Wade

Well. He is available assuming he isn't suspended by MLB. Which probably won't happen since the baseball union is more powerful than the Stone Cutters.

LINK. Kind of long. Here is th best quote.

“He started yelling and cussing," Chacon said of Wade. "I’m sitting there and I said to him very calmly, ‘Ed, you need to stop yelling me. Then I stood up and said 'you better stop yelling at me.' I stood up. He continued and was basically yelling and stuff and was like, ‘You need to (expletive) look in the mirror.’ So at that point I lost my cool and I grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground. I jumped on top of him because at that point I wanted to beat his (butt). Words were exchanged.”

This season just keeps getting better.

Did he grow up an Astros fan? That would explain wanting to beat up Ed Wade.

Comment

So, did he really fuck Ed's shit up or what?

Moon

Comment

I'm sure there are plenty of Phillie fans that would love to have Chacon right now after doing that.
        Official Lounge Sponsor
        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Well, thats one way to demand a trade...
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

i'm not even sure what to say to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
              So, did he really fuck Ed's shit up or what?

Moon
              Sounds like Chacon was pulled off Ed by the 5th outfielder before he could drop the hammer on his ass.

Ed did hold a little press conf. in the hall way shortly after and his shirt and hair looked a little ruffled. I saw this on the TV before I found out Chacon went Spreewell on Ed so I wasn't looking for choke marks.

Comment

awesome...friggin awesome.

*in my best Spicoli voice.

Comment

If you can't get along, get it on!!!
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

The wise words of Richard Justice. (oh, and the Astros lost. They hit into something like 15 line drive double plays all on diving plays and all with runners in scoring postion, back to Justice)

Shawn Chacon's big league career probably over.

After all the tantrums and all the dumb stuff and all the people that have forgiven him through the years, Shawn Chacon finally crossed the line Wednesday. He may long regret the day he very likely ended his own big league career.

He did it himself. He'll look for scapegoats. He'll blame others. He'll look everywhere except the mirror. That's what people like Shawn Chacon always do. In the end, though, everything that has happened to Shawn Chacon has been because of Shawn Chacon.

He grabbed Ed Wade and threw him to the floor after the general manager requested a meeting and then yelled at the pitcher. This simply can't be forgiven. Not by the Astros. Not by any other club.

If Chacon had only argued or yelled or used words. Anyway, the Astros went into the Chacon deal knowing there was the potential for trouble. He'd worn his welcome out at a few stops along the way, but apparently had never done anything like this. He's one of those guys with all kinds of talent, but a guy that always seems to disappoint people.

He got off to a nice start for the Astros but had a 6.66 ERA in his last 10 starts and a 9.35 ERA in his last four. He simply didn't deserve to keep his spot in the rotation.

Ed Wade took a $2-million gamble that Chacon would be productive on the field while behaving himself off the field. He was productive for awhile, but things began to compare apart when he threw that tantrum on the mound in Milwaukee.

He hasn't pitched well, and when he was sent to the bullpen, he made every effort to get himself suspended. Wade obliged him before Wednesday's game.

If you're Drayton McLane, you're perfectly within your rights to ask, ''Say, Ed, what made you think we were going to get through an entire season without a problem from Shawn?''

After all, Wade passed on Livan Hernandez, Kyle Lohse and one or two others. He went for the guy with the baggage. I'm hoping it wasn't just about money. Minnesota gave Hernandez $5 million. St. Louis gave Lohse $4.25 million.

Maybe Wade was gambling that Chacon would do whatever he could to do everything right and maybe land a big money deal after the season. Now it seems unlikely he'll pitch another game for any big league team.

Comment

I bet CSD is ready to give Chacon a 5 yr $50 million dollar deal to be a Phillie right now.
                      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

“Maybe it shouldn’t have happened,” Chacon said. “But when you do those things and you’re yelling at somebody and you’re cussing you better know what type of person you’re dealing with. If there’s any regret, I just wish they had just let me alone. I wish they had left me alone.
                        I know people who "take responsibility" just like that.

Plus it sounds like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.
                        Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
                          I know people who "take responsibility" just like that.

Plus it sounds like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.
                          Sounds kinda like Lenny from Of Mice and Men...
                          Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                            He got off to a nice start for the Astros but had a 6.66 ERA in his last 10 starts and a 9.35 ERA in his last four. He simply didn't deserve to keep his spot in the rotation.

Please allow me to introduce myself.
                            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                              Well. He is available assuming he isn't suspended by MLB. Which probably won't happen since the baseball union is more powerful than the Stone Cutters.

LINK. Kind of long. Here is th best quote.

“He started yelling and cussing," Chacon said of Wade. "I’m sitting there and I said to him very calmly, ‘Ed, you need to stop yelling me. Then I stood up and said 'you better stop yelling at me.' I stood up. He continued and was basically yelling and stuff and was like, ‘You need to (expletive) look in the mirror.’ So at that point I lost my cool and I grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground. I jumped on top of him because at that point I wanted to beat his (butt). Words were exchanged.”

This season just keeps getting better.
                              Well, you don't know. This might just be the spark. Maybe the sight of Ed Wade being used as a floor-mop might be the best moral boost your club could get.
                              This game's gotta be played with fear and arrogance - Crash Davis

Comment

Working...
                              X