Sincere But Stupid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sincere But Stupid Question

I've seen quite few stories recently that suggested how much people in other countries -- Britain, India, to name two -- are pulling for Barack Obama to be the next U.S. president.

There must be something wrong with this, but I can't figure out what it is.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

You may not have noticed this, but Bush is generally not well-liked overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
      I've seen quite few stories recently that suggested how much people in other countries -- Britain, India, to name two -- are pulling for Barack Obama to be the next U.S. president.

Saw a column in Newsweek (without reading it) about how they're all giddy over JFK II, but the author (some Brit) said something like, calm down, drop the T-shirts and look at his policies.

But you're right -- that's all the reason one needs not to vote for him.

Comment

they like his smile.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
          He always orders American beer.

Comment

I have noticed. And I like the idea of other countries getting excited about an Obama presidency. I can't figure out the downside, although I'm sure there's a downside. What is it?

And another question: What is the Cardinals record when Yadi gets a hit? It's got to be pretty decent.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
              Saw a column in Newsweek (without reading it) about how they're all giddy over JFK II, but the author (some Brit) said something like, calm down, drop the T-shirts and look at his policies.

But you're right -- that's all the reason one needs not to vote for him.
              That's one of the stories I was referring to. And there was a long New Yorker article on Chavez and why an Obama presidency might improve relations with Venezuela, which might not be a horrible idea considering how much oil they have.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

I have noticed. And I like the idea of other countries getting excited about an Obama presidency. I can't figure out the downside, although I'm sure there's a downside. What is it?

And another question: What is the Cardinals record when Yadi gets a hit? It's got to be pretty decent.
                Maybe the Iraqi war has something to do with it, since the entire region has been made more unstable. India and Britian are full of terrorist sleeper cells.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Fuck, hes not well-liked over here.

It just took us collectively longer to see past the propaganda and our own stupidity. Ask Reggie about that.
                  “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

That's one of the stories I was referring to. And there was a long New Yorker article on Chavez and why an Obama presidency might improve relations with Venezuela, which might not be a horrible idea considering how much oil they have.
                    Yeah, Bambi may be totally inept in the ME, but by God, he may allow us to get along better with a fuckwad closer to home.

Comment

29-17

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                        Yeah, Bambi may be totally inept in the ME, but by God, he may allow us to get along better with a fuckwad closer to home.
                        What makes you think the "Maverick" will do better in the ME?
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                          What makes you think the "Maverick" will do better in the ME?
                          Because he's Republican.

And white.

Comment

You have an asshole neighbor. He's arrogant. He's overbearing. Also quite a thug.

He's taken over other neighbors' property citing some made-up righteous reasons. There's nothing anyone can do about it because he's the Sheriff.

Now he's moving.

You've seen two guys make a bid on the place. One looks to be just like the Sheriff, the other is Barack Obama.

Got any interest in which one moves in?
                            Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

29-17
                              I knew it. When he hits, we do really well.
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X