The Flood of 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flood of 2008

So today I had some time to venture around St Charles County via 370 and holy high water Batman.

The soccer fields have probably 8-10' of water on them. When I was driving west on 370 coming around the bend, traffic comes to a hault to look at the water (assholes).

The Cave Springs exit is closed because on the south side of 370 water covers the road.

Tomorrow I will head downtown to see how it looks there. This is amazing. When my flight came in on Saturday from Charlotte, the pilot flew us around to see all the damage that had been done. It was incredible. I was not around during the 1993 floods as I was doing that military thing and did not get much news on it.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Send some of that water this way - we've got about 800 wildfires that need it.
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Well you could have at least stopped and filled sand bags!

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
        Send some of that water this way - we've got about 800 wildfires that need it.
        that is because I farted in your direction. Put down the lighters next time.
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott

Comment

It's interesting you'd mention the gawkers. During the floods in Iowa, there were two kinds of people -- those filling sandbags, and those stopping traffic to look at the floods.

OK, three kinds of people -- those who stayed home and watched the Cardinals.
          "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
          --Albert Einstein

Comment

You know that old saying about shit floating downstream...

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
              You too?

Comment

There is a whole area there on 370 that didn't exist, it ended about where The Mills is now and it was all flooded in 93.

I'm gonna take kiddo in the morning to see it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Burrito Brother View Post
                  Well you could have at least stopped and filled sand bags!
                  I thought about doing that but I did not have the right pair of shoes (flip flops) on.
                  Sponsor of:
                  Brian Elliott

Comment

Heard last night on the news that the Mississippi @ St. Louis is still 8 feet shy of the 1993 high water mark.

Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                      Heard last night on the news that the Mississippi @ St. Louis is still 8 feet shy of the 1993 high water mark.

Is that true?

For now.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
                        It's interesting you'd mention the gawkers. During the floods in Iowa, there were two kinds of people -- those filling sandbags, and those stopping traffic to look at the floods.

It was funny but it allowed me to actually guage how high the water is since I've been to those soccer fields several times.
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott

Comment

Thankfully, all the major bridges are still open. Last time there was only ONE way beween St.L and St.C counties. That was I-70. The Page extension was still a pipe dream and the 40 and 367/67 bridges were closed.
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Jimmy fan View Post
                            There is a whole area there on 370 that didn't exist, it ended about where The Mills is now and it was all flooded in 93.

I'm gonna take kiddo in the morning to see it all.
                            and don't forget all that crap in the valley of Chesterfield.
                            Sponsor of:
                            Brian Elliott

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                              and don't forget all that crap in the valley of Chesterfield.

Yep. They also said on the news that New Town has its own levee. So they should be ok if the one by them fails. Thats a big ass community if it were to breach.

Comment

Working...
                              X