Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL suspends Ducks owner indefinately

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=366883
    NEW YORK – Commissioner Gary Bettman today announced that Henry Samueli, owner of the Anaheim Ducks, has been suspended indefinitely from any involvement with the Ducks and the National Hockey League.
    On Monday, Mr. Samueli pleaded guilty to one count of making a false statement to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Sentencing by the U.S. Federal District Court is scheduled for August 18. Following sentencing, the League will review Mr. Samueli’s status and will finalize the duration of his suspension as well as any other action that may be deemed appropriate.
    During his suspension, Mr. Samueli may not be involved in Club matters or activities. Michael Schulman, current alternate governor, will serve as the Club’s governor and will be responsible for managing the operations of the Club, reporting to the Commissioner. In the event Mr. Schulman determines that the Club needs financial assistance from ownership, or raises any other issue that might need ownership involvement, he shall communicate that need to the Commissioner, who then will make the appropriate arrangements.
    “While Mr. Samueli has been an exemplary owner, we hold NHL personnel to the highest standards and this plea requires the imposition of discipline under League rules,” Commissioner Bettman said.
    Mrs. Susan Samueli, co-owner of the Ducks, has advised the League that, in support of her husband and to avoid any possible improper appearance, she intends to abide by the terms of her husband’s suspension.

@ teh Quackers
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

He and the owners of Madison Square Garden can hang out...
      With you or at you?
      Last edited by 007; 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Now the Ducks will be forced to trade Pronger to the Blues for Cam Janssen.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
          Fuck no!

They can have Brewer...Janssen! is staying
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
          OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

The fact that Bill Wirtz was never suspended says all you need to know about the joke that is the NHL.
            From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

And for the record, I am going to enjoy watching hockey in Russia.
              From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                Wrong.

Cam is forever blue.
                Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                X