I like this post from 12 June 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this post from 12 June 2008

Jwither wrote it and I wanted to put it somewhere permanent since we are never going to move from here.

Son, we play in a park that has fences, and those fences have to be guarded by men with arms.

My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that mound, you need me on that mound.

We use words like holds, saves, wins. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent bringing you our national pastime. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very wins that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them.

I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a glove, and field your position.

Either way, I don't give a :!: what you think you are entitled to!
    I can't get tired of reading that post.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewt...r=asc&&start=0
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
    Jwither wrote it and I wanted to put it somewhere permanent since we are never going to move from here.

I can't get tired of reading that post.

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewt...r=asc&&start=0
    That's good damn stuff right thurr. Thanks for the re-post, cause I never read the original. I rather like it. I think I will copy and paste it to a Word file.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

it's not quite but nearly Not Today status with me.

when I first read it back then I was like WTF and then I was like...yeah, this is cool. Jwither, whoever you are, GOOD JOB.

Comment

it's not quite but nearly Not Today status with me.

when I first read it back then I was like WTF and then I was like...yeah, this is cool. Jwither, whoever you are, GOOD JOB.
        I'm not sure I've read much in the "Not Today" category. That gave me chills. My dad, my cousin, and everyone I emailed it to sent it to all of their Cardinal friends. I wouldn't be surprised if one million people read it. KBF knocked that shit out of the park.

I can hear Jack Nicholson saying Jwither's lines with eye black, stirrups, and the baseball uni on.
        --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

I read Not Today here and then it got sent to me 3 times via forwarded email. I was familiar with the prose.

KBF never said sorry to me.

Comment

I read Not Today here and then it got sent to me 3 times via forwarded email. I was familiar with the prose.

KBF never said sorry to me.
            I think we should kick his non-apologetic ass.
            --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

yeah. it's just wrong. In fairness he sent me a Ray King Pin. Raykingpin. It's fun saying that. He probably planned that one too.

Comment

yeah. it's just wrong. In fairness he sent me a Ray King Pin. Raykingpin. It's fun saying that. He probably planned that one too.
                I think Rae Keng Pen was in a Bruce Lee movie or sumthin'. I've had too many beers tonight. I really have. I should go to bed b/c I'm anticipating a hangover. I was the best man in one of my best friend's wedding this evening. It's been a great weekend, but the Jim Edmonds news is really making me ill. I need to disconnect the emotion.....haha.
                --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
                  I think Rae Keng Pen was in a Bruce Lee movie or sumthin'. I've had too many beers tonight. I really have. I should go to bed b/c I'm anticipating a hangover. I was the best man in one of my best friend's wedding this evening. It's been a great weekend, but the Jim Edmonds news is really making me ill. I need to disconnect the emotion.....haha.
                  READ THIS:

PUJOLS BACK THURSDAY, FRIDAY AT THE LATEST

bet it.

Comment

READ THIS:

PUJOLS BACK THURSDAY, FRIDAY AT THE LATEST

bet it.
                    And this info comes from your intuition, a text from El Hombre, a visit from God himself, or Bernie?
                    --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

well I read it somewhere.

Comment

well I read it somewhere.
                        That's good enough for me. I think I'll have another beer, then.
                        --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

it is true. maybe I heard marble mouth talk about it on 550.

Albert's back. Detroit.

Comment

it is true. maybe I heard marble mouth talk about it on 550.

Albert's back. Detroit.
                            Hard to imagine the city of Detroit being more fucked up than it already is, but after Albert is through with that city, they may have to close the entire place down. Yeah. That. Is. What. I'm. Tawkin'. Bout.
                            --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Albert.

Comment

Working...
                              X