Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues acquire Chris Mason

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blues acquire Chris Mason

    Sources indicate the Blues have also traded for Nashville Goaltender Chris Mason for a 4th Round pick.
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15759

    Hope this is not the other move JD was referring to. I like it, but there were plenty of available UFAs.


  • #2
    Balloon party!

    "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Schwa! Never mind about us getting a black guy. Put in a call to Reverend Al.

      Moon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15759

        Hope this is not the other move JD was referring to. I like it, but there were plenty of available UFAs.
        MADHockey
        Montreal Canadiens

        Location: Toronto, ON
        Joined: 06.20.2008

        Andy,

        I reported it about an hour ago, Preds have a new contract for Ellis and are shipping Mason to the Blues.

        Apparently it all gets done today.
        Andy's source.

        Moon

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
          Hey Schwa! Never mind about us getting a black guy. Put in a call to Reverend Al.

          Moon
          Just what I thought - Another way to get rid of the brothers.

          You guys are going to have to buy a lot of bean pies to get into the games because I will be out there selling them as I protest.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

          Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

          2017 BOTB bracket

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 007 View Post
            Balloon party!
            Try not to get too excited.

            Photobucket

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
              Andy's source.

              Moon
              Who is "MADHockey"? Does he know this guy?

              "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by STL JA View Post
                Try not to get too excited.
                I think Rutherford said it best in a chat yesterday in re: to the rumors of Mason coming to STL: if he plays 20-30 games and is a .500 goalie, one really can't complain all that much...

                So I guess I can say he's a serviceable back-up...

                "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  I think Rutherford said it best in a chat yesterday in re: to the rumors of Mason coming to STL: if he plays 20-30 games and is a .500 goalie, one really can't complain all that much...

                  So I guess I can say he's a serviceable back-up...
                  Yeah, there is no doubt that he is just that. I think it's a good move for the Blues.
                  Photobucket

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got less excited when I realized that he's signed for two more years at $3m per.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                      I got less excited when I realized that he's signed for two more years at $3m per.
                      Why would you get excited in the first place?

                      "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 007 View Post
                        Why would you get excited in the first place?
                        Because he's a really good goaltender who can actually start when/if Manny goes down. That, and he can never play against us again, which is pretty nice given his success against us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm ok w/this...
                          Feb. 08, 2005
                          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

                          Forever
                          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                          Originally posted by Airshark
                          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Because he's a really good goaltender who can actually start when/if Manny goes down. That, and he can never play against us again, which is pretty nice given his success against us.
                            I always get excited for $3 million back-up goalies...

                            But if you can't beat him, trade for him...see ya Ryan Johnson?

                            "Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 007 View Post
                              I always get excited for $3 million back-up goalies...

                              But if you can't beat him, trade for him...see ya Ryan Johnson?
                              What's Legace getting paid? NHLPA.com is useless when it comes to salaries...Why do they even list them?

                              Official Lounge Sponsor of Erik Johnson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X