• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haywood Rosales vs. Home Depot

What a dumbass.

FLORISSANT: Man sues Home Depot over sticky toilet seat

06/17/2008

A man is suing Home Depot, claiming he stuck to a toilet seat coated with adhesive last year in the men's room at the store at 13915 New Halls Ferry Road in Florissant.

In the suit, filed in St. Louis County Circuit Court on June 11, Haywood Rosales of St. Louis alleges he suffered "cuts, bruises, and tearing on his buttocks and thighs" when he stood up.

The suit seeks unspecified damages in the court of Judge Colleen Dolan. Rosales' lawyers, James W. Eason and Peter VanLeunen, say Home Depot was negligent and should have prevented the incident.

The toilet seat was covered with an adhesive and the store should have known that "persons using the particular toilet above were likely to sit, become adhered thereto and subsequently sustain injuries upon standing," the suit said.

Home Depot had been the target of a similar prank on Oct. 30, 2003, in Boulder, Colo., that received substantial media attention when a suit was filed in November 2005.

So Home Depot should have been on the lookout for copycat behavior, "especially since Home Depot sells a wide variety of adhesive products," the suit says. A Home Depot spokeswoman said the company doesn't comment on pending litigation.

If he can't prove that he did not put the adhesive on himself, then he can face the ridicule of his peers for sitting on a sticky public toilet seat.

Either way, no pesos for idiocy or larceny
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

this makes me laugh

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

You sure that guy's first name isn't HaySEED???
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

well hopefully home depot will still manage to open their stores tomorrow, we need some lime

Comment

I didn't know that the illegals were allowed to use the facilities while waiting for work in the parking lot.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
              well hopefully home depot will still manage to open their stores tomorrow, we need some lime
              More bodies to bury?

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                You sure that guy's first name isn't HaySEED???
                I had to check, but it is indeed Haywood. I got his last name wrong though. It's Jablomi.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post
                  More bodies to bury?
                  that would be too easy. actually we're not sure if lime will help considering the "body" is possibly hanging by a foot where it seems to have gotten stuck on the fence in the corner behind the shed.

Comment

Working...
                  X