• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Umpires

What is their average salary?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

A Major League umpire's starting salary is around $120,000, with the senior umps earning up to $350,000. That may sound like a lot for what seems to be six months' work, but the umpire's season is considerably longer than that with Spring Training, All-Star Games and postseason play added into the mix.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Comment

OK, nine months' work. Eight if you're not one of the umps picked for October.

Nice salary.
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

I believe they stay at 4 star hotels and fly first class......that counts for a lot too

Comment

Most umps are also selected for clinics, etc which is bonus money. They stay in hotels much as MLB players, fly first class, and receive a significant per diem. And the umpires receive catered meals much like the players. The umpires room generally is lined with snack food items, some healthy some not, and a meal is brought in about 90 minutes before the game (night games). So they stay in a hotel that generally offers free breakfast and are fed well at the park.
          Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
          Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
          There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
          "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
          "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Yea, I don't think anyone ever doubted that MLB umpires are well-fed.

Comment

The better you treat your game officials, the less chance they can be swayed by outside forces.

Comment

MLB should hire 30 more umpires and stick them on the foul lines, like they do in the playoffs, instead of rushing to judgement with instant replay.
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 210 View Post
                  The better you treat your game officials, the less chance they can be swayed by outside forces.

++

I argue this point constantly in my Softball league...
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

and some people bitch about teachers!!!

Moon

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                    X