Question for St. Louis City Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for St. Louis City Residents

I recently had some friends move to The Hill. They have a neighbor who thinks that the street in front of her house is her own. She has left nasty notes, parked both of her cars around my friend's car so close she couldn't pull out, and most recently parked her car in to the car's bumper with pressure on it. This is all from parking maybe 3 or 4 feet over the property line - she has plenty of space to park. Should they keep waging this war? Is this a city thing that goes on in a lot of neighborhoods? Is there something they can do? I know the only thing she can do is get handicap tags and the city will give her a handicap zone, but it still wouldn't cover her whole property. Do they give out handicap tags for being Psychotic? Maybe she just needs to get laid. Glovey?

I live in the city, too, and if I tried pulling this stunt on my block wars would be waged. Very weird.

Wow. That's one of the top reasons I could never live in the city. I had an incident back in the late eighties over at my mother in law's house. I parked in front of a place a few house up from mom's residence one Sunday aftermnoon. The street was packed with cars. The person whose house I parked in front of had their vehicle parked across the steet. As I was getting out my car, she unleased a barrage of cuss words and totally came ungled becuase I parked there. I at first tried to remain calm and rational. But she came down to get im my face. I reached into the back of my pickup and grabbed a shovel. I told her if she doesn't STFU I'd cave her skull in. Luckilly a cop lives on the steet. He came up and told her to stop acting like a fool.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

That's basically the situation they are dealing with, except they are for the most part parking in front of their own house, and the neighbor won't directly confront them. If you want your own personal parking move to a house in the county with a drive way. I park sometimes 8 houses down from where I live, and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Comment

If she purposely parked on my bumper, touching my car, I would have called the cops. That's just me though.
        Official Lounge Sponsor
        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
          If she purposely parked on my bumper, touching my car, I would have called the cops. That's just me though.
          Agreed, and she did. They told her to call 911 which she thought was silly. I bet she will next time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
            Agreed, and she did. They told her to call 911 which she thought was silly. I bet she will next time, though.
            You sure about that? In the city, the 911 emergency line and the regular police line go to the same dispatchers - the only difference is the priority in which they're answered/responded to.

-RBB

Comment

Wouldn't say I was completely sure. Just repeating what she told me. There will probably be a next time, so she'll call then.

Comment

You r friend was wrong to move to the city in the 1st place.

Other than that please refer to the Corvette scene in The Big Lebowski.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdBrain View Post
                  You sure about that? In the city, the 911 emergency line and the regular police line go to the same dispatchers - the only difference is the priority in which they're answered/responded to.

-RBB
                  I'm sure he's right. While working in The City, we had several occurrences where we needed the police to come to the project site for whatever reasons. I called the main number for the precinct we were in and they told me themselves the ONLY way a police car would come to the site was if we called 911. I told them that it wasn't an emergency, just if they could send someone over whenever, that's fine...they told me I still had to call 911. So I called 911 - feeling horrible about it as I could have been taking the time of someone who had a REAL emergency. They showed up 10 min. later.
                  Feb. 08, 2005
                  Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                  Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                  Originally posted by Airshark
                  NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Do they live on Marconi?

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post

++
                      This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!!!!!!
                      Classic.
                      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                      --Suck it cubbies.
                      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                        I'm sure he's right. While working in The City, we had several occurrences where we needed the police to come to the project site for whatever reasons. I called the main number for the precinct we were in and they told me themselves the ONLY way a police car would come to the site was if we called 911. I told them that it wasn't an emergency, just if they could send someone over whenever, that's fine...they told me I still had to call 911. So I called 911 - feeling horrible about it as I could have been taking the time of someone who had a REAL emergency. They showed up 10 min. later.
                        Then just phrase the call to 911 as 'send someone over here now, or I'm going to beat this car/person/poodle like a pinata filled with money.

It's all in the phrasing.
                        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownBluesFan View Post
                          Then just phrase the call to 911 as 'send someone over here now, or I'm going to beat this Sharks fan like a pinata filled with money.

It's all in the phrasing.
                          ftfy
                          Feb. 08, 2005
                          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                          Originally posted by Airshark
                          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Dude, it's The Hill. More than likely, this old bag's family has lived there for a hundred years, worked in the clay mines/steel mills all their lives. They know everyone in the neighborhood. They all went to St. Ambrose together. They shop at Viviano's and Missouri Baking together. They watch out for strangers (darkies) in the neighborhood. Etc. and so on.

Your friend needs to let it go or she's gonna be in for a beating.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post

I love living in the city. There's bat shit crazy people in the county, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X