Saw my first downtown $5-plus gas price yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw my first downtown $5-plus gas price yesterday

Chevron on Mission Street in downtown Santa Cruz. Prices are $4.81/$4.91/$5.01 for regular/plus/premium. Saw a guy taking a picture of the sign. Cheapest gas in Santa Cruz (Costco members only) is $4.49 for regular this morning. Cheapest on the street is $4.59.

A coworker informs me that there is a gas station in Oakland near the airport that is charging $5.04 for regular.

$4.49 for the cheap stuff in eastern LA county.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

And for no good fucking reason...

Comment

I'm buying a Prius. Tomorrow.
        "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
        – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

...how in the hell are the good people of Santa Cruz able to afford good weed anymore when they have to pay such "high" prices at the pump? .....fuckin' travesty, i tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by easy ed View Post
            ...how in the hell are the good people of Santa Cruz able to afford good weed anymore when they have to pay such "high" prices at the pump? .....fuckin' travesty, i tell ya.

More weed, less gas.....
            I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Originally posted by davhaf View Post
              More weed, less gas.....
              ya know, Dave...i've spent a little time in the nice little surf village of Santa Cruz and well, i can probably say without much hesitation that your credo of "more weed, less gas" is probably the consensus among most of the fine "Banana Slugs" who reside there.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
                I'm buying a Prius. Tomorrow.
                Good luck finding one.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

i saw my first $4 for the middle kind

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBrained View Post
                    Good luck finding one.
                    Plenty of newly-used ones around here... 2007 models with ~20K miles for ~$25K. I'll do some test-driving very soon.

And you know, I like performance cars and cars that look cool... used to drive a rebuilt 79 Trans Am, love the new Mustangs and Charger. But fuck it, 90% of my driving is in construction on overcrowded highways going maybe 40 mph to and from work. Gimme dependability, great mileage, and a stereo with an MP3 jack and I'll be happy.
                    "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
                    – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

problem with some of the prius and other cars are they're so small. gas prices suck, but so does getting hit by a big truck.

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
                        problem with some of the prius and other cars are they're so small. gas prices suck, but so does getting hit by a big truck.
                        4 out of 5 star safety rating from the NHTSA. Driving an SUV doesn't make you safer. It only makes you feel safer. Which is actually a bad thing.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                          4 out of 5 star safety rating from the NHTSA. Driving an SUV doesn't make you safer. It only makes you feel safer. Which is actually a bad thing.

Moon

i don't care what kind of safety rating it has, i'll take my chance with the suv vs the cars & 18 wheelers on the highway

Comment

Originally posted by easy ed View Post
                            Do you have any idea what the mileage is on a 1968 VW Microbus?

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post

i don't care what kind of safety rating it has, i'll take my chance with the suv vs the cars & 18 wheelers on the highway
                              Fuel tank capacity (reserve) 8.7 gal (includes 1.3 gal reserve)
                              Performance

Maximum speed 90 mph
                              Acceleration 0–60 mph12.8 sec
                              Fuel consumption*
                              City/highway (mpg) 40/45 (EPA 2007); 33/41 (EPA 2008)

*Fuel economy estimates were derived in accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) vehicle testing procedures for model year 2008 as specified in 40 C.F.R. pts. 86 and 600 (2007). These estimates are intended for comparison between other vehicles within the same class. Individual drivers’ actual mileage will vary depending on how they drive and maintain their vehicles.

there's one here in Macomb, and I kept saying "WTF is it?" every time I saw it. Thankfully, the owners bought it @ Plaza Motors in STL, so I looked it up online.

starting at $11,590*

http://www.smartusa.com/smart-fortwo-pure.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X