We are winning this thing. Time for another poem -

In the middle of failure there are two roads
    The road to success which looks long
    Is surrounded by danger
    And has millions who will tell you they doubt
    You can make it even one more step.

The other road is much shorter
    Has comfortable way stations with drinks,
    good food, and nice places to sit and watch.
    This road is the way to giving up.

There are but two roads in life
    One you accept where you are and refuse to change it.
    And that other long road
    That you must forge alone

That is full of tells of woe
    Full of adventure and disaster
    Full of trying and failing

And full of getting up again and again.

Get Up Baby - Get Up
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

from yahoo -

Injuries have derailed several seasons for Ken Griffey Jr. Albert Pujols has managed to stay healthy, but the St. Louis Cardinals are now holding their breath.
    With Griffey just two days removed from hitting his 600th home run, the Cardinals are awaiting word on the severity of Pujols’ calf injury as they get set to play the middle game of their series with the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
    Griffey entered this series fresh off becoming the sixth player in major league history to reach 600 home runs. Though he has battled injuries throughout his career with Cincinnati (31-35), he finally reached that mark versus Florida on Monday night.
    Pujols, who has been one of the major league’s most durable hitters and is on pace to join Griffey in the 600-home run club, had to be helped off the field with what was diagnosed as a strained left calf in the seventh inning of the Cardinals’ 7-2 win over the Reds on Tuesday night. He was carted out of the clubhouse and flown back to St. Louis for more tests, according to Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak.

“Based on what I saw - and I’m not a doctor - it was pretty bad,” Mozeliak said.
    Pujols, a six-time All-Star and the 2005 National League Most Valuable Player, is batting .347 with 16 home runs and 42 RBIs for the Cardinals (39-27). He played at least 143 games in each of his previous seven seasons.
    St. Louis has won three straight, scoring 20 runs in that span, but the Cardinals’ lineup could struggle if one of the majors’ best right-handed hitters will be out for a while.
    “How does it affect things?” St. Louis right fielder Ryan Ludwick said of Pujols’ injury. “He’s one of the best hitters of all time. He’s the motor that makes the engine run. It’s huge. We just have to dig deep and try to find a way to put runs on the board.”
    Like Pujols, Griffey managed to stay relatively healthy early in his career with Seattle. He hit 40 homers in his first season with the Reds, when he became the youngest player to reach 400, but various major injuries - torn hamstrings, torn patella tendon, separated shoulder, torn ankle - knocked him off pace.
    Griffey went 0-for-3 with a walk Tuesday in his first home game since hitting his 600th home run. He has driven in just two runs this month, with the Reds scoring two runs or less in five of their 10 games.
    Cincinnati will now face Braden Looper (7-5, 4.86 ERA), who earned a win against the Reds on April 30, allowing two runs and seven hits in a 5-2 victory.
    Looper is 3-1 with a 3.47 ERA in three starts and 30 relief appearances against Cincinnati.
    In his last start, the veteran right-hander gave up five runs - two earned - and eight hits while striking out a season-high seven in six innings as St. Louis lost 6-1 to Houston on Friday night.
    The Reds will counter with Johnny Cueto (5-5, 5.06 ERA), who has posted a 3.50 ERA en route to winning three straight starts.
    Cueto suffered the worst start of his career on April 29 against the Cardinals, surrendering seven runs - six earned - and eight hits in just 1 1-3 innings in a 7-2 loss.
    The rookie right-hander earned a victory against Florida on Friday night, giving up three runs and eight hits while striking out eight in six innings as Cincinnati won 11-3.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I don't like the double dip, but if anyone can do it, it's Schwa.

Comment

Two GDT in a row for Schwa? That's another winner..
        I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I was 5 when the Cardinals won the World Series in 1964
          On August 16th they were 9 and a half games out
          On September 20 they were 6 and a half games out
          With only 12 games left.
          They won the pennant by a game.

Get Up Baby - Get Up.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Bob Gibson once broke his leg
            And made another pitch
            When Ozzie Smith was traded to the Cardinals
            The outfielders routinely crept in like they do on pitchers
            In the twilght of his career
            Andy Benes leads the Cardinals into the playoffs

Get Up Baby - Get Up

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Done -

We won over 100 games in 2004
              Then repeated that in 2005
              Then won the WS in 2006
              We were three outs from being in first place
              In September of 2007
              We're not done by a longshot

Get Up Baby - Get Up

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Will Clark was done -
                Except for one glorious run with the Birds
                John Tudor didn't have enough pop
                But won plenty with the Birds
                Todd Wellemeyer was cut by the Royals
                And now starts for this team that's 12 over.

Get Up Baby - Get Up

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Nature can appear to be a cruel master.
                  Storms knock little birds out of their nest
                  They tumble to the ground totally helpless
                  The ones that will survive have but one choice

Get Up Baby - Get Up

Lets Go Birds.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Schwa is like the Dick Vermiel of this board.

"We will rally around Joe Mather and Chris Duncan, and we will win."
                    Official Lounge Sponsor
                    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post

"We will rally around Joe Mather and Chris Duncan, and we will win."
                      That's what I was going for.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post

"We will rally around Joe Mather and Nick Stavinoha, and we will win."
                        FTFY.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski View Post
                          FTFY.
                          ++

Anybody but Duncan...I tried to copy and paste Dunc's hella mad statz at the oh-so-hard AAA level, but the formatting sucked...here they are (feel free to go check them out)

Avg = .160
                          OBP = .300
                          SLG = .240
                          OPS = .540
                          Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Which one of these would you not want on your ML team???

As his inattentive sponsor, I have to make plea for Mr Phelps

Individual Stats (Batting) (click column headers to sort)
                            Player POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG OPS E
                            Nick StavinohaLF612223476130737110102521.370.495.342.8661
                            Bryan AndersonC26869286101036101500.396.419.326.8140
                            Brian BardenSS5922729679342394274133.375.414.295.7899
                            Mark JohnsonC298411244011331121400.381.369.286.7502
                            Cody HaertherLF4712513359001244112311.343.352.280.6951
                            David Freese3B57204325710293498165531.329.480.279.8095
                            Jarrett Hoffpauir2B57200235513121876242613.348.380.275.7288
                            Josh Phelps1B58214325713083594234800.340.439.266.7805
                            Gabe JohnsonC2676919412133172201.310.408.250.7172
                            D'Angelo Jimenez2B5114516337021646191521.315.317.228.6326
                            Colby RasmusCF6423639528092587375593.322.369.220.6913
                            Chris DuncanOF62154200264500.346.286.190.6320
                            Rico Washington3B2671811502822121300.291.310.155.6012
                            Sketch in STL
                            Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                              ++

Anybody but Duncan...I tried to copy and paste Dunc's hella mad statz at the oh-so-hard AAA level, but the formatting sucked...here they are (feel free to go check them out)

Avg = .160
                              OBP = .300
                              SLG = .240
                              OPS = .540
                              That's quite the slugging percentage there...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X