The Dave Duncan 1380 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dave Duncan 1380 interview

It was mentioned in the Wainwright DL thread, but alas -- it's so informative, might as well put it out here...

SEGMENT 8--Cardinals Pitching Coach Dave Duncan Checks In With the Boys to Discuss What Is Happening With the Pitching Staff, What Is the Status of Todd Wellemeyer For His Start This Weekend, Who Is Going to Start On Thursday For the Cardinals, and What Is Going On With Anthony Reyes-

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

interview as well. Says the Cardinals are the "fifth or sixth" best team in the National League.

http://www.insidestl.com/Portals/0/a...-5KeithLaw.mp3

Comment

Odd thing about Garcia. If he starts Thursday, he'll be pitching on 3 days rest. He just went on Sunday.
      Official Lounge Sponsor
      Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Mozeliak is on right now...

highlights...

*No tear for Wainwright...he'll need rest and be placed on the DL tomorrow
        *Pineiro threw today...no pain and will pitching against CIN on Thursday
        *Wellemeyer starts Saturday against PHI
        *Mulder threw today rather well and will head out on a rehab assignment this weekend
        *Clement will throw on a rehab assignment Friday
        *Isringhausen will throw a rehab assignment tomorrow night and he'll pitch on a side session this weekend in STL in front of Duncan

Comment

*No tear for Wainwright
          that god

Comment

From Bernie...

Pineiro threw a bullpen today in Cincy and came out of it well and so he's set to go Thursday.

Wellemeyer set for Saturday.

Clement rehab start on Friday...

Mulder threw today, felt stronger, and will be sent out on another rehab assignment... Mozeliak said Mulder's confidence is better right now than it has been at any point of this surgery/comeback ordeal...so Mozeliak is encouraged.

Izzy throws rehab assignment tomorrow night, and then throw a side session in STL over the weekend... and then a decision will be made if they send him back to continue the rehab, or put him on the 25-man roster.

As for Waino ... several MRIs... reveals no tear... sprain is the diagnosis... will take time...they will monitor and learn more...

About McClellan, Moz prefers to keep him in bullpen; the starting thing would be a last resort thing for this season.

-B

Comment

Mo has done very little that has upset me. I am a huge fan.

Even when he talks about Clement....there is no bullshit.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
              -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Strauss on 1380...

* As of now, Wainwright will be re-evaluated next week but as it stands now, they expect him out 3-4 weeks...scale of 1-10, it's a 5 on the severity scale (the 'pulley' that flexes the finger, not the flexor tendon, appears to be the culprit)

* On Mulder: He was little bit better today (compared to in Washington), but was really impressed with his velocity (looks to be in the upper 80s) and appears, as of now, that he'll go into a rehab in the next week or so...this is basically it for him in St. Louis, or as he put it, "play time is coming to end for Mulder"

* Thompson is later rather than sooner compared to all the others

* Determination has yet to be made on Isringhausen's role upon his return

* On Troy Glaus: might be getting better carry on the ball and the positive reinforcement of that carry might have helped his confidence over the last two weeks; allergies appear to be sorted out

* On Mather: Runs well, fields position okay, don't have to hide him; has big holes in his swing and the Cardinals appear to committed to him as an everyday player somewhere (STL or Memphis); won't be hesitation should Duncan returns to where he was...

Comment

The John Mozeliak interview is available to listen now...

Comment

I'm just glad they now seem to be willing to invest in MRIs for their players.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X